Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Favourite and scariest horror movies?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I watched BBC's Ghostwatch tonight, a 1992 live special investigation into a haunted house, and even though I knew the story going in, it sure got me spooked more than anything I've seen in ages.
    I might use the YouTube machine and have a look see

I don't really find horror movies scary at all. Most of them are so unbelievable that I just know it's not capable of being real and so it doesn't "scare" me. But one that did sort of get me a little freaked out was The Exorcism of Emily Rose. Based on a true story, that one got me. I even listened to the real audio recording after I watched the more. Creepy stuff.

I have a hard time finding good horror. I'm not a fan of the overly gory horror movies, but I do like the psychological ones. I didn't mind the first Insidious movie, and the standard Japanese ones (like The Ring and One Missed Call) aren't too bad.

But a lot of English language horror movies seem to be more gore than story :/

XMan is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Fire In The Sky.

That movie stayed with me for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by TAAUBlaster View Post
    I have a hard time finding good horror. I'm not a fan of the overly gory horror movies, but I do like the psychological ones. I didn't mind the first Insidious movie, and the standard Japanese ones (like The Ring and One Missed Call) aren't too bad.

But a lot of English language horror movies seem to be more gore than story :/
    Yeah I'm not a big gore fan.

I flipped over to the latest Piranha movie on SBS the other day to see one of the fishies cough up a half chewed human penis, then it get swallowed up by another fish. It was a major 'WTF?!?!' moment for me

Megatran Guest

Two movies come to mind:
    The Exorcist
    The Crying Game

I am not into horror films at all anymore and it's all because of The Blair Witch Project which literally made me "freeze" in my seat in the cinema when it ended.
    F THAT!!
    It took me about ten minutes to move after the last scene finished.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

I personally like old b-grade horrors like the howling series. I got so infatuated with werewolves I had to quit my job as a paperboy when I was younger cause I was too scared to ride through the bush land