Page 326 of 467 FirstFirst ... 306316321322323324325326327328329330331336346 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,260 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

Currently playing through Rise of the Tomb Raider. Enjoying it so far, I think I'm getting close to the end. Looks fantastic but getting weird random framerate drops fairly often

for god's sake wilfredo stop quitting as host when you don't like the looks of how your dead space 2 team is going... some of us have been waiting ages for the game to start and for you to exit (ending the game for everyone else) after five seconds is REALLY annoying

Finished GTA V on PC, and I'll finish Inside tonight, what should I finish next while I wait for No Mans Sky to be released?

A: Doom
    B: Disney Infinity 3.0
    C: Far Cry 4
    D: Gears of War 3
    E: Gears of War Remastered
    F: Lego Batman 3
    G: Lego Avengers
    H: Lego Dimensions
    I: Metal Gear Solid 5
    J: Ori and the Blind Forrest
    K: Saints Row IV
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Been playing new Doom. What do you guys think of it? I am still making up my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Been playing new Doom. What do you guys think of it? I am still making up my mind.
    Mindless destruction. To me kind of felt like Quake 4 vs Demons instead of cyborgs, but wih better graphics. A bit of fun, but not a whole lot of replay value unless I go back to it much later.

As for that list DELTAprime - Saints Row IV is ridiculous at times, and there's a little TF reference towards the end, but it does get a little tiring doing all the activities to "own" neighbourhoods, a little like Far Cry 4, but in FC4 I get to rain death from above with a grenade launcher from a gyrocopter...

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Finished GTA V on PC, and I'll finish Inside tonight, what should I finish next while I wait for No Mans Sky to be released?

A: Doom
    B: Disney Infinity 3.0
    C: Far Cry 4
    D: Gears of War 3
    E: Gears of War Remastered
    G: Lego Avengers
    H: Lego Dimensions
    I: Metal Gear Solid 5
    J: Ori and the Blind Forrest
    K: Saints Row IV
    Disney Infinity 3 was not so great,very short and no incentive to replay to level up. Lego Avengers was disappointing, the worst lego game for years. However Lego Batman 3 was far better, but still not as good as I hoped for.

Lego Dimensions is brilliant, lots of fun, and has so much additional post story (or adjacent to story) things to do and complete but the requirement to buy so many packs to finish the game that you never needed to for any other lego game leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

Saints Row IV of Far Cry 4 would be my two picks, as mentioned, both get repetitive as you slowly clear the map but both are genuinely well made games that are a tonne of fun!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    This. Ever since the movie trailer dropped, I've been in the mood for this.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    Mindless destruction. To me kind of felt like Quake 4 vs Demons instead of cyborgs, but wih better graphics. A bit of fun, but not a whole lot of replay value unless I go back to it much later.

As for that list DELTAprime - Saints Row IV is ridiculous at times, and there's a little TF reference towards the end, but it does get a little tiring doing all the activities to "own" neighbourhoods, a little like Far Cry 4, but in FC4 I get to rain death from above with a grenade launcher from a gyrocopter...
    I was a bit unsure in the first few levels as it felt just like a more hectic Quake IV. However in the later levels (from Hell onward), it seems to have picked up a more 'Classic Doom' feel with large environment, frentic action and more demon encountering rather than just triggered spawning of demons. It's fun to walk over to an area and see Demons fighting among themselves as you did in original Doom. Completing the area now feels more rewarding than a big of a 'been there done that' feel that the first few levels had.

So yeah, probably won't have the same replay value as Doom (I loved replaying Doom 2 lvl 7) but I reckon it comes close enough for a modern game.

Probably what makes original Doom fun was its control simplicity which in turn makes it very accessible. Since you don't have to worry about controls, its all about your skill at running and shooting. Modern FPS require the Keyboard Mouse combo (or Steam controller), level ups, upgrades and all this sort of thing that makes things a bit more complex which isn't a bad thing but doesn't really give you much room to just choose a random level and go nuts with it like the mentioned D2 lvl7 which is tiny (a few minutes to complete) but challenging and fun. It can take over an hour (or two) to finish a single Doom 2016 level

good point there, comparing it to a game like Far Cry 3/4 or the Fallout series, it was a lot easier to just jump in and start shooting in Doom.

There was still fair bit of Demon spawning in there, but it was fun, especially some of the larger areas like you said.

I'd love to see a Quake 4 sequel using this engine, but the next quake looks to be multiplayer only (Q3A style) - Quake 2 was one of my favourite games as a teenager.

Speaking of the Steam Controller, I've just ordered one off Amazon, will see how it is when it shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    good point there, comparing it to a game like Far Cry 3/4 or the Fallout series, it was a lot easier to just jump in and start shooting in Doom.

There was still fair bit of Demon spawning in there, but it was fun, especially some of the larger areas like you said.

I'd love to see a Quake 4 sequel using this engine, but the next quake looks to be multiplayer only (Q3A style) - Quake 2 was one of my favourite games as a teenager.
    Speaking of the Steam Controller, I've just ordered one off Amazon, will see how it is when it shows up.

Remember that there may be a considerable learning curve with the Steam Controller that may also require a bit of tweaking. However once you understand and are used to it, it is the next best thing to a keyboard/mouse comb and easy to jump in on any other game that you use it with as you will understand your preferences.

People who wanted it to be the best controller ever out of the box with no time invested have hated it. However those who gave time to adapt have loved it enough to not be able to go back to regular controller (like me).