Page 74 of 120 FirstFirst ... 546469707172737475767778798494 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you never realised about Transformers (toys etc)

I had no idea that Chris Latta did Wheeljack...

How did I miss that for all of these years?

Bit of a different thing I never realised this time
    Was fiddling with AOE deluxe Lockdown today after having him on the shelf for ages
    And was getting frustrated by how wobbly his stance was
    Looking at his feet, it turns out that they were in back to front!
    Swapped them and now he stands just fine.
    Don't know how I didn't notice this when I first got him.

Thanks to Paulbot (and my awesome new TF tee - see this thread), I have just discovered G1 Blurr doesn't have wheels.

I've always assumed that he had them, just not visible viewing him from the top.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    Thanks to Paulbot (and my awesome new TF tee - see this thread), I have just discovered G1 Blurr doesn't have wheels.

I've always assumed that he had them, just not visible viewing him from the top.
    You mean that you didn't watch TFTM a million times as a kid and memorised the entire thing off by heart?! </cheek>

Blurr is a futuristic hover car in canonical appearances, but of course the toy does have small wheels to help it roll. But no visible wheels. He's easily the weakest toy of the 1986 Autobot Cars. Hot Rod's my favourite (I actually prefer him over Rodimus Prime).

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    You mean that you didn't watch TFTM a million times as a kid and memorised the entire thing off by heart?! </cheek>

Blurr is a futuristic hover car in canonical appearances, but of course the toy does have small wheels to help it roll. But no visible wheels. He's easily the weakest toy of the 1986 Autobot Cars. Hot Rod's my favourite (I actually prefer him over Rodimus Prime).
    I think the tiny wheels on the Blurr toy is what threw me. Also, I've always associated Blurr with Arcee (in that they have similarish alt modes) and even Kup to a lesser extent, and Arcee and Kup have wheels.

Strangely enough, I DID have TFTM pretty much memorised after practically wearing the video out when I was a boy. Actually, I never owned a copy - I insisted my dad hire it from the local video shop virtually every time I was with him for the weekend. I reckon we hired that video more than everyone else who hired the film from that shop put together. I even taped it onto cassette tape by holding the recorder up to the TV speakers so I could listen to it between hiring occasions.

Despite seeing the movie more times than I've seen any other movie, I've missed Blurr floating! Feeling quite silly about it now.

Time to watch the movie again I think. Clearly it's been too long...

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Time to watch the movie again I think. Clearly it's been too long...
    Sit down with the kids dude I did that with my niece & nephew a few years back, lots of fun and very retro for them, hahahahaha
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Megatran Guest

Doing a bit of research on the JP 2002 reissue 'New Year Special' Alert (Red Alert) & Lambor (Sideswipe). Found out they are cosmetically slightly different to the standard G1 reissues.

Courtesy of tfwiki:
    Lambor (Sideswipe) and Alert (Red Alert) were once again re-released together in January 2002 as an e-HOBBY exclusive "New Year Special" set, with several factory-applied decals replaced with paint operations, the "CAR MACHINE" plate-decal now blank, plus an additional recolored alternate sticker sheet for each one and bio cards with new art by Hidetsugu Yoshioka.
    Again, courtesy of tfwiki:
    For 2002, Alert was again released with Lambor, this time as "New Year Special" editions available through Takara's e-HOBBY online shop. This latter version featured yellow instead of blue stickers for his shins and feet.
    Image of 2002 New Year Special Red Alert courtesy of TFU.INFO

I too have never realised this. well, job done, I've leaned something new, time to go home.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Doing a bit of research on the JP 2002 reissue 'New Year Special' Alert (Red Alert) & Lambor (Sideswipe). Found out they are cosmetically slightly different to the standard G1 reissues.

Courtesy of tfwiki:

Again, courtesy of tfwiki:

Image of 2002 New Year Special Red Alert courtesy of TFU.INFO
    I've seen both of these toys in hand and I wrote up comparative reviews for them back in 2002... but I've long lost them. I've been trying to find my old reviews, but alas I think my G1 reviews have been lost.

An odd little factoid I just ran across. Was reading the wikipedia page for the movie American Graffiti and noticed Terry McGovern (G1 Wildrider) was part of the cast so I read his page too. Apparently it was him who coined the term "Wookiee".