Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: IDW Wreckers part 3 & FCBD Unicron #0

Have to agree, the stories have started to become really repetitive over the years, to the point where I'm missing All Hail Megatron.

I pretty much only follow Lost Light now.

I wonder what they'll reboot with? Does everyone still want G1? I'm finding constant throw backs and references to the Geewun universe is getting kind of tiresome these days.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Great time to call my comic collecting quits and go digital only, unless something spectacular starts up from the get go on the reset... which I doubt. IDW has been on a death spiral for a while, only Lost Light and TAAO were worth reading.
    I did this at the end of Chaos. Only digital with some physical collections. Then More Than Meets The Eye started and I couldn't not own physical copies right away. I hope there's something as spectacular to come out the reboot.

I wonder how many loose ends and story threads they will try to tie up before it all comes to a finish?

I agree, its time for a fresh start, though a lot of the story arcs over the last decade have been among my fav ever so IDW had been doing a decent job. But too many of the comics are lackluster now and too many of the main characters are just played out.

Looks like the hard reboot side won.

I *hate* reboots and it's a slap in the face of every consumer that bought the considerable volume of IDW stories. It didn't happen, the characters we've come to know and love didn't have these experiences. I hated the DC reboot, the Marvel, and now IDW. And I am still going to be paying for stories that got rebooted as part of the Hachette Transformer Collection.

Not. Happy. Jan.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

A reboot makes sense if the writers are out of stories or have written themselves into corners with stories/arcs/deaths of characters that now have very limited places to go.

At this point I don’t mind a reboot if the writing from the get go can be as interesting as what we have had in the last few years with some very different takes on the series compared to what we have ever gotten before. MtMtE/Lost Light has been the standout after they did away with most of the Furmanverse, if it wasn’t for the massive misstep of AHM and trying to emulate the movie designs more, it’s been the most consistently good series ever. Barber, while an inconsistent writer month to month has done a commendable job rebuilding the universe and trying to tie non related strings and events into a canonical working universe.

Now to see if the Unicron series goes out like the G2 comic with deaths galore.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Before this thread goes off-topic and is locked, I am curious to know if many IDW fans will continue to read their stories if they are erased from TF continuity by a reboot. Maybe I am being too pessimistic, because I am now reading the old TF UK material. But someone mentioned DC New 52, and I am sure their sales of pre-52 material must have gone down

Really eager to see Unicron return though.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Before this thread goes off-topic and is locked, I am curious to know if many IDW fans will continue to read their stories if they are erased from TF continuity by a reboot. Maybe I am being too pessimistic, because I am now reading the old TF UK material. But someone mentioned DC New 52, and I am sure their sales of pre-52 material must have gone down

Really eager to see Unicron return though.
    I think similar to a lot of comic book runs, a reboot provides existing fans with a good "jumping off" point for those looking to "move onto other things"; and how better to end things with Unicron killing off everything . However, this reboot will also provide new and prospective fans with a good "jumping ON" point.

Me personally, I've been trying to curb my collecting for years, so I have no plans on collecting a new series. Also, with Hasbro wanting to roll-out a War For Cybertron (WFC) Trilogy toyline that will probably run for 4-5 years starting in 2019, the rebooted comic series will probably take place in the WFC/FoC universe. It would probably appeal more to fans of the video games (which I haven't played).

Normally I'd be tempted to buy some issue #1s of a new comic series (especially Transformers), but like I said, I've been trying to slow down my collecting.

Thanks for your perspective Fatality.

bowspearer Guest

I'll definitely give it a go. It'll be interesting to see the direction the lore in this new continuity will take. It'll be especially interesting if it goes back to Marvel, to see just how it all works in the wider scheme of things.

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    I'll definitely give it a go. It'll be interesting to see the direction the lore in this new continuity will take. It'll be especially interesting if it goes back to Marvel, to see just how it all works in the wider scheme of things.
    Wow, that totally didn't occur to me. Going back to an existing continuity would be awesome. Loved the Marvel US/UK run.