Page 937 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 917927932933934935936937938939940941942947957 ... LastLast
Results 9,361 to 9,370 of 10406

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post

Does anyone feel like a bit of translating?
    Is there anything on other transmetals 2s like stinkbomb? There seems to be a hotrod mode

Just want some opinions on the best way to organise a handful of figures.

My CHUG displays are sorted left to right with the characters on the left debuting in the G1 cartoon in season 1. As we go to the right we go through the seasons till season 4 ends then we go by year of G1 toy till we get to 1989 which is the last G1 year CHUG toys are based on at this moment. I also have a small section for IDW CHUG characters, but try to not put character designs that predate IDW in it.

Which leaves me contemplating where I should place CHUG characters like Darkmount/Straxis, Crosscut and Stripes that are "G1" characters but never were released in a G1 toyline or seen in a G1 episode and yet predate their IDW appearance?

How I'd sort those particular 'bots:
    Darkmount with season 2 (introduced in the comics in the same issue as 13 characters from the 1985 range)
    Crosscut with season 2 (if he'd been released in G1 it would have been in 1985)
    Stripes with Movie/season 3 (as he was originally intended to debut in TFTM)

Are there and differences on the boxes between the Japanese and USA releases of MPM-04 Optimus Prime?

And are there any known differences between the figures themselves? I tried Googling but it became confusing.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Are there and differences on the boxes between the Japanese and USA releases of MPM-04 Optimus Prime?

And are there any known differences between the figures themselves? I tried Googling but it became confusing.
    IIRC, the box is the same except the Takara has some Japanese text. The bot has some differences in color e.g. Lighter grey for the limbs on the Takara and some paint apps like the blue stripe on the feet. Otherwise it's the same bot with the same issues.

Quote Originally Posted by BruiseLee View Post
    IIRC, the box is the same except the Takara has some Japanese text. The bot has some differences in color e.g. Lighter grey for the limbs on the Takara and some paint apps like the blue stripe on the feet. Otherwise it's the same bot with the same issues.
    Yep, the name on the Japanese box in in Japanese. The USA release in in English.

I ordered the Takara release from someone and they sent the Hasbro one.

The Japanese version has some extra paint details, but has a lighter grey plastic, so the darker Hasbro grey plastic makes it look nicer to most.
    This image has the Japanese one with the yellow paint apps on the abs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Yep, the name on the Japanese box in in Japanese. The USA release in in English.

I ordered the Takara release from someone and they sent the Hasbro one.
    That's pretty unfortunate, I didn't realise there was a difference, but if you ordered one and got the other that's going to need rectifying.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The Japanese version has some extra paint details, but has a lighter grey plastic, so the darker Hasbro grey plastic makes it look nicer to most.
    Cool, thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    That's pretty unfortunate, I didn't realise there was a difference, but if you ordered one and got the other that's going to need rectifying.
    Yeah, I'm not sure how easy that will be to do.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    If Transformers were not held together by pins these days and both versions of MPM4 costing so much I would do a parts swap to get a better Optimus.