Page 948 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 928938943944945946947948949950951952953958968 ... LastLast
Results 9,471 to 9,480 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Have a look at the monthly comic/books topic in the News section, and go back far enough to cover 12 months, to count up how many were released in a calendar year.
    That would be a good idea
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    How many unique trade paperbacks do you think IDW release a year that are Transformers related? not including things like the collected wreckers 1 and 2 as a single volume. but including each of those volumes, as an example of what I'm looking at.

I'm guessing it would be somewhere between 10 and 15. taking into account the revolutions and first strike stuff as well as lost light, optimus prime and miniseries like the windblade one.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Have a look at the monthly comic/books topic in the News section, and go back far enough to cover 12 months, to count up how many were released in a calendar year.
    That would be a good idea
    it looks like the answer is about 7, January to December last year, assuming the annuals end up as part of a trade at some point. I thought it would be more. there are other collections but they are 'multi volume' collections.

it looks like the answer is about 7, January to December last year, assuming the annuals end up as part of a trade at some point. I thought it would be more. there are other collections but they are 'multi volume' collections.
    Seems about right - around 2 a year for the main series (5-6 issues per volume) and then a couple more for the things like the vsGijoe and the Revolution crossover stuff.

The previous annuals were in the trades of their series and I'd expect the same for Optimus Prime and Till All Are One series.

I'm trying to weigh up getting a kings membership card vs buying from the book depository or similar.

I've had a few books from the book depository get damaged in transit and the customer service has been mediocre.
    but. I'm behind in my purchasing of trades at the moment. so I'm looking at getting 8 trades. through kings comics that comes to about $252, with a $25 gold membership included, it works out to be about $252 including the 10 % discount, ironically. with the book depository, including postage I can get the whole lot for $184. That's not a bad price difference.

even saving 10% on the cover price of the Phantom, which is pretty much the only other comic series I spend money on, I'd only be saving another $25.
    the membership last for a year, so I could save another $20 to $30 on another 7 odd transformers trades but I could save approximately another $60-$70 buying the same books from the book depository.

It looks like I'm going to be spending more money at the book depository. And spending the savings on Transformers

For me, Book Depository has been great for packaging so I would be more than happy to keep getting stuff from them. Although I guess it only takes one bad experience to put you off.

to top it off I subscribed to the phantom. so I don't' even need to go to the shop for that anymore.

I'm surprised to hear that you've had a few books damaged - I've regularly bought from them for years now and never had any books (all paperbacks) arrived damaged.

Could this potentially be your postie's handywork?
    Perhaps have them sent to work?

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

I had one that was water damaged, badly and the shipping box/envelope was undamaged. it never should have been sent.

Another very early on was a black and white digest style trade, there were about 5 pages that weren't even cut. that one I got a refund on.

True, I've had a few that were also definitely part of the shipping services fault, a trade that had it's spine shattered, through the shipping envelope. but there's no way of knowing where in the long chain that happened. Our local postie is usually very good.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Anyone know why TakaraTOMY have increased the age limit for POTP to "Ages 15+"?!? I can understand it for Binaltech, Smallest Transforming Transformers, Masterpiece etc., but Power of the Primes? Really? TakaraTOMY Mall is also listing the same thing.
    All the Legends toys are classed as 15 and up as well Gok, so its been like that since at least then. Not too sure about when they were generations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    , but the Generations moulds seem to be a lot more segregated from the more kid-appealing RID stuff I saw there.
    Generations toys are just an aisle away from the other kiddy lines in most Japanese stores. They certainly aren't anywhere near the gundam model kits and more "mature" toys. Transformers are just lumped together, movie, RID leftovers and Genertions, all on the shelves.

How does one get in touch with a Mod? I can't find a tech support thread so I hope this isn't out of line asking here. I'd like to change the title of my sales thread.