Page 439 of 481 FirstFirst ... 419429434435436437438439440441442443444449459 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,390 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

morg176 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

And finally it gets here

Quote Originally Posted by morg176 View Post
    You gotta love auspost
    Ordered a toner for my printer
    Got posted on monday
    Still at the sorting center at chullora
    Maybe its just riding the carousels or something

I gotta print stuff...
    Australia Post are terrible. My most recent stuff up with them was my MP Optimus Primal from HLJ. He got all the way to the massive sorting facility at Northgate in Brisbane and instead of coming straight to Gladstone he did a tour of the state until he got here about 4 days late.

Still could be worse. A guy in German was sending a pallet of thousands of classic videogames to the US to have them all dumped (backed up and put in an archive) by some videogame historians (yes that job actually exist). Instead of delivering the pallet UPS (or it might have been FedEx) just delivered the shipping label from the pallet. The pallet ended up about to be sold at an auction like the ones on that Storage Wars show until a gamer that worked for the courier was able to piece together the news post on game sites about the missing pallet and the pallet that was in his companies warehouse. He was then able to get the pallet sent to the historian.

since yesterday I've been having troble with my iphone.
    and nothing I try, or anything I find/ read about online seems to be any help either.

it figures right after I decide "you know what? I'm happy with this phone. I don't need to upgrade. that it turns into absolute garabge!

all my photos have vanished from it.
    if I leave the photo app open long enough they'll slowly start to reappear.
    only at some point the app will just crash
    and when I re-open it, the photos will all be gone again!
    worst of all is when that happens after the hour long process of restoring all my photos. and just as it finishes restoring. POOF
    crash
    back to 0, try again.

I read that it can be caused by having too much space used up on the phone. so I deleted almost all of my apps and my browser history and now have about 6gb of space. still won't restore.

and somehow by deleting all those apps. I've screwed up my app store as well, and now I can't re-download any of those apps. and I can't update any of the handful of apps I left on the phone.

on top of this the phone seems to run increadibly slow now. taking almost a minute of staring at a blank white screen before any app can open.

if I was a smart person I would have backed up my phone to my computer.
    only I'm too paranoid for that after having an ipod as a kid and having it be wiped clean any time I plugged it into a new computer. I never feel comfortable plugging apple products into new devices.
    but now I don't have the computer I originally plugged my iphone into anymore. and I am scared if I plug it into my current computer I'll lose everything from my phone like what used to happen to my ipod.

not that it really even matters since I can't back up files that aren't there. and I can't get the photos to restore for me. so I can't back them up.

and everywhere I look for help I get told "oh delete some data" done "oh hard reset" done "oh, take it into a Vodafone store" live too far away so can't do that yet. "oh, try downloading this sketchy third party program" done, didn't work. tried another, but it only works for mac.
    I can't find any actual help
    I can't figure this out
    and I'm just getting more and more frustrated.

UGH!

I've had to deal with similar crap to yours (but nowhere near as bad) on my Nokia which has the Microsoft set-up. It looks like your best option is the Vodafone store when you get the chance. All the best in your quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    since yesterday I've been having troble with my iphone.
    and nothing I try, or anything I find/ read about online seems to be any help either.

it figures right after I decide "you know what? I'm happy with this phone. I don't need to upgrade. that it turns into absolute garabge!

all my photos have vanished from it.
    if I leave the photo app open long enough they'll slowly start to reappear.
    only at some point the app will just crash
    and when I re-open it, the photos will all be gone again!
    worst of all is when that happens after the hour long process of restoring all my photos. and just as it finishes restoring. POOF
    crash
    back to 0, try again.

I read that it can be caused by having too much space used up on the phone. so I deleted almost all of my apps and my browser history and now have about 6gb of space. still won't restore.

and somehow by deleting all those apps. I've screwed up my app store as well, and now I can't re-download any of those apps. and I can't update any of the handful of apps I left on the phone.

on top of this the phone seems to run increadibly slow now. taking almost a minute of staring at a blank white screen before any app can open.

if I was a smart person I would have backed up my phone to my computer.
    only I'm too paranoid for that after having an ipod as a kid and having it be wiped clean any time I plugged it into a new computer. I never feel comfortable plugging apple products into new devices.
    but now I don't have the computer I originally plugged my iphone into anymore. and I am scared if I plug it into my current computer I'll lose everything from my phone like what used to happen to my ipod.

not that it really even matters since I can't back up files that aren't there. and I can't get the photos to restore for me. so I can't back them up.

and everywhere I look for help I get told "oh delete some data" done "oh hard reset" done "oh, take it into a Vodafone store" live too far away so can't do that yet. "oh, try downloading this sketchy third party program" done, didn't work. tried another, but it only works for mac.
    I can't find any actual help
    I can't figure this out
    and I'm just getting more and more frustrated.

UGH!
    Apple things haven't done that in years. My phone gets plugged into different computers on a daily basis with work.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Apple things haven't done that in years. My phone gets plugged into different computers on a daily basis with work.
    well that's good to know.
    does that mean it's safe to synch my phone to this computer with iTunes?

well that's good to know.
    does that mean it's safe to synch my phone to this computer with iTunes?
    I don't even have iTunes. You don't need for photos. Just plug it in and go looking for the photos like you would on a normal digital camera.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I am still having problems with my iPhone!
    it seems the more I try to fix it, the worse it gets!!

I still haven't been able to restore my photos, I still can't install or update any apps. but even after turning off auto-update for the app store, the phone still tries to update them.
    the phone is so slow now that it takes me at least 30 seconds to have the screen appear after pressing the home button. except usually I don't get taken to the keypad to unlock the phone because it somehow took my 1 short button press as me trying to use Siri.

most of my apps crash upon startup.

the battery drains super fast.

and even though I deleted almost all my apps and freed up 6gb of free space, somehow im back to only 600mb of free space

and while I was typing this, my latest attempt to restore my photos has crashed. so 30 minutes down the drain!

and nowhere I look sems to provide any results.

I've posted on multiple iphone help forums only to go completely ignored.

this is just getting more and more frustrating! I want my phone to work properly again and I want my photos back!

I am still having problems with my iPhone!
    it seems the more I try to fix it, the worse it gets!!

I still haven't been able to restore my photos, I still can't install or update any apps. but even after turning off auto-update for the app store, the phone still tries to update them.
    the phone is so slow now that it takes me at least 30 seconds to have the screen appear after pressing the home button. except usually I don't get taken to the keypad to unlock the phone because it somehow took my 1 short button press as me trying to use Siri.

most of my apps crash upon startup.

the battery drains super fast.

and even though I deleted almost all my apps and freed up 6gb of free space, somehow im back to only 600mb of free space

and while I was typing this, my latest attempt to restore my photos has crashed. so 30 minutes down the drain!

and nowhere I look sems to provide any results.

I've posted on multiple iphone help forums only to go completely ignored.

this is just getting more and more frustrating! I want my phone to work properly again and I want my photos back!
    Can you take it to an Apple Store to have it looked at? It can be a bit of a wait , but if you can get an appointment it shouldn't be too bad.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy 8+, cos iPhones suck.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

I detest most apple products. I would never choose iPhone for one simple reason, no expandable memory. I'm forced to use an iPad for work (which is where I am typing from ). I won an 8GB iPod touch for $4 on a skill testing machine at Timezone, and bought a classic for its 160GB size. And if I am to upgrade when these 2 die, I'll need new docks because they changed the friggin plug connection. And that really pisses me off