Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: WFC Siege Omega Supreme, Jetfire, Mirage, Impactor

Yeah, I'm not entirely sold on Mirage, but I'll throw my money at the rest!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    I could keep it with my FOC stuff, but space is a premium.
    YOTS is additionally made obsolete to me because I own Energon Omega Supreme.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    I agree with your sentiments on the Classics, but I'm not sure about the swing to full G1 aesthetics, to me they feel like poor mans Masterpiece. I;m starting to miss them giving unique spins on old characters.
    I never looked at it that way. Of characters I don't already have updated versions of, I'll likely grab em. I do love the spins on classic characters. That's why I'll never sell them off. I have multiple displays so happy to spread em out. Kept mt Magnus with FP upgrade, and have the last Magnus they released. Happy to keep them all.

But now I'm waiting on what Con reveals we'll have. They're all Autobots, so where is their case mates and any TMs or MMs? I am curiously waiting who they show us next.

Keep in mind with Mirage that this series is using Cybertronian alt-modes. So you can explain some of the odd design of Mirage by saying it's not a real-world Earth Formula 1 car, it's Cybertronian.

I'll probably get him just to have a bit more cartoon accurate silhouette for Mirage as my Henkei Mirage while an amazing toy, doesn't have that classic silhouette from G1.

It's about time Hasbro did a cartoon/comic Skyfire... instead of trying to always replicate the more obscure original Jetfire (Macross) toy, pathetically targeting the trademark of another company, at the expense of fans waiting 35 years for a toy that actually homages the Skyfire character.
    As such, I'm really liking the way it looks, and hope that the armour on top of the jet mode is detachable, as it spoils the look of the jet mode. I'm puzzled as to why it isn't a regular Leader class toy (about US$50, compared to this one being US$80), as it looks like it has the same armour-up gimmick as the Leaders do. The new Class name is going to be confusing, as "Commander class" used to be about Legends size.

Omega Supreme and Impactor look really good too... can't wait to get them.

Skyfire looks amazing. Omega Supreme looks amazing.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It's about time Hasbro did a cartoon/comic Skyfire... instead of trying to always replicate the more obscure original Jetfire (Macross) toy, pathetically targeting the trademark of another company, at the expense of fans waiting 35 years for a toy that actually homages the Skyfire character.
    As such, I'm really liking the way it looks, and hope that the armour on top of the jet mode is detachable, as it spoils the look of the jet mode. I'm puzzled as to why it isn't a regular Leader class toy (about US$50, compared to this one being US$80), as it looks like it has the same armour-up gimmick as the Leaders do. The new Class name is going to be confusing, as "Commander class" used to be about Legends size.

Omega Supreme and Impactor look really good too... can't wait to get them.
    I think I'll have my LG Jetfire and SWFC Skyfire as a duo on my shelf. From my point of view, I've often felt like Skyfire and Jetfire are two different characters.

Well this is exciting.

I'm impressed by the look of both Skyfire (I'm just using that name) and Omega in particular.

Skyfire looks awesome in the various modes (my favourite since the Classics version) and I'm interested in this gimmick of transporting a car-bot into battle. I've always felt that is something toys of this character should do, although I'd rather see him have space in his upper cabin for a scout or two.

Omega looks great and, despite the slavish G1 robot mode, the base mode has been given an original twist. I like how it looks more like a play set than a train set and there's something a bit Thunderbirds about it. And, once more, I'm wondering how much he can act as a transport for smaller allies.

I have a question - what is the deal with Mirage and Impactor? I'm a non-comics fan so I'm ignorant of the Wreckers. However I understand Impactor is one and that makes him an Autobot. And yet this fan poll thing presents Impactor and Mirage as rivals. What gives?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I have a question - what is the deal with Mirage and Impactor? I'm a non-comics fan so I'm ignorant of the Wreckers. However I understand Impactor is one and that makes him an Autobot. And yet this fan poll thing presents Impactor and Mirage as rivals. What gives?
    At one point they hinted they were going to release this Impactor as a Decepticon (as the other pair ups were bot vs con) but it looks like they’ve changed that now. The two characters have no history together in any comics. If they are “rivals” now it’s because one is “working class” (Impactor) and the other is “upper class elite” (Mirage)

As a Micromaster fan the inclusion of Countdown and having Omega as his “rocket base” is an ingenious solution. I just have no room for him

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

I'll be offloading my YOTS Omega Supreme though. Can't justify keeping both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    I love my YOTS Omega too but this new one just blows it away. I could keep it with my FOC stuff, but space is a premium.
    I dunno, up to you guys of course. Personally I'll be getting the new Omega but keeping my YOTS one. Like I say in my video, the YOTS version scales perfectly with a lot of the Generations toys, being bigger than the standard CW/UW gestalts but only half the height of the City Bots figures. This new Omega will scale well with CW Devestator and a lot of the deluxe sized figures but a lot of others he wont. So guess it depends on what kind of display you want to make.