View Poll Results: JP LG-58 Clonebots - worth buying?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 66.67%
  • Only if (cheap or something else)

0 0%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not planning to get it

1 33.33%

Thread: Toy Review - JP LG-58 Clonebots

Default Toy Review - JP LG-58 Clonebots

(Please post comments, photos or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just some brief details to start you off)

Clonebots - Fastlane & Cloudraker
    Series - Legends (Japan)
    Sub-line -
    Size/class - 2 x "Legends"
    New/remould/redeco - Minor redeco of Hasbro Clones
    Wave - n/a
    Released here - Not here (out in Japan JAN 27th)
    Approximate Retail Price - About 3500yen
    Approximate Size - 10cm each
    Allegiance - Autobots
    Alt-mode - Fighter Jet & race car
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Similar robot modes, different alt-modes.
    Main Colours - Red, light red, off-white, black
    Main Accessories - none

Fastlane’s obvious kibble really detracts from the ‘you can’t tell which clone is which’ concept. When I saw their little jet and car symbols on their chests I thought ‘Oh cool! Rubsigns!’, figuring that since it was a hot day they must already be heated. Imagine my disappointment when I found they were just stickers, which means you can permanently tell one from the other.

The other disappointment here is that neither bot comes with his dual hand weapons. Given the cost of the figures, I think it’s a bit lousy for them to not come with their guns, especially since they could be used in either mode by the original figures.

Cloudraker is OK in vehicle mode but Fastlane is fairly weak, so unless you are like me and want every Classicsverse version of every G1 character you can get, these two are an easy pass.

FOR A FULL DETAILED REVIEW WITH TONS OF PICS, PLEASE CHECK OUT MY BLOG REVIEW OF LEGENDS FASTLANE & CLOUDRAKER HERE

A lot of the issues seem to be inherited from G1 - like Fastlane's spoiler spoiler. Even in G1 the Autobot Clones were, IMO, the weaker set compared to the Decepticons. As for having no weapons... I don't remember any Legends Class Combiner Wars or Titans Return or even POTP toy coming with a weapon. Oh, fun fact: the G1 Clones have 5mm post guns, so you can give your G1 Clone weapons to your TR/LG Clones! (any chance of seeing side by side G1/LG comparison shots?)

I've pre-ordered mine from TLTC so not sure if I'll receive them before Easter or not. :/ And their price works out to be roughly the same as HLJ after shipping. Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    As for having no weapons... I don't remember any Legends Class Combiner Wars or Titans Return or even POTP toy coming with a weapon.
    Yeah I know. But I had hopes. Between A: a Hasbro rep in 2017 talking about how Fastlane is bigger and has more complexity than an average legends class figure, and B: Takara's penchant for giving their toys guns when the Hasbro version didn't have any (Pistols for the UW Constructicons, Targetmasters for the Legends line etc) I held out hope I'd see some guns given to these two. Thus I was disappointed (though not surprised) when they came without them.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Oh, fun fact: the G1 Clones have 5mm post guns, so you can give your G1 Clone weapons to your TR/LG Clones! (any chance of seeing side by side G1/LG comparison shots?)
    I'd love to mate but have no idea which of my myriad of crates my G1 ones are in. Chances are by the time I found them you would have recieved your shipment and already done up some pics of your own

lol. I'm half tempted to just buy a set off HLJ now and sell my incoming TLTC ones later. Hhhmmm... undecided...