View Poll Results: Which G1/Beast Wars characters would you like to see in the Masterpeice line?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arcee

6 14.29%
  • Jazz

23 54.76%
  • Trailbreaker

11 26.19%
  • Perceptor

8 19.05%
  • Blaster (and the cassettebots)

18 42.86%
  • G1 Minibots (specify which in the comments)

10 23.81%
  • Galvatron

15 35.71%
  • Cyclonus

12 28.57%
  • Rhinox

2 4.76%
  • Rattrap

2 4.76%
  • Airazor

3 7.14%
  • Waspinator

4 9.52%
  • Blackarachnia

6 14.29%
  • Tarantulas

3 7.14%
  • Other (specify in the comments)

12 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Which characters would you like to see made as Masterpiece figures? - As at 2019

There are not many G1 characters I'm holding out for in the MP line now. The '86 movie cast (Springer, Arcee, Galvatron, Cyclonus, Scourge, etc), Blaster and his cassettes, a cartoon accurate Bumblebee, and Jazz.

However, I'd really like to get a full set of the season 1 Beast Wars characters in the MP line. That's what I'm really interested in getting now.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

As much as I already called it quits to MP line, I voted Jazz and Blaster.

Other are Overlord MP and a God Ginrai MP?

Surprised things such as Reflector or Insecticons are still not up as there would be no licensing issues. But oh well, god know what they are thinking. Is more likely we see more MPM.

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    I came here to vote for Jazz lol.
    And i'm all out of gum...

Ditto. I'd love to see all the other G1 characters mentioned in the list. Time will tell.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I didn't vote for Blaster... for the simple reason, I don't think that he is too far off getting the MP treatment.

I would love to see more Predacons...

Kranix is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

G1 JAZZ!!!!!!! My biggest MP want.

I also voted for Trailbreaker/ Hoist.

I would also purchase Cliffjumper unless he has a toon accurate alt mode, then I'll pass.

I would love an MP G1 Jetfire but I think he is unlikely.

I’m still keen (only really interested) in the remaining 84/85 Autobot Cars (Jazz, Trailbreaker/Hoist, Mirage, and Skids). Also put a vote for mini-bots (primarily Gears and Brawn).

I also voted for Blackarachnia (season one) and Tarantulas who’d I prefer to see in Transmetal form since that’s wonderful - but that wouldn’t be a big update. I’d also like to see BW Transmetal Megatron (same note as Tarantulas).

In the very unlikely wishlist I’d throw in all the cast of Transformers Prime but in particular Ratchet, Arcee, Knockout and Optimus. (And even more unlikely since he wasn’t in the show: Arms Micron Ironhide as he appears in the concept art)

Quote Originally Posted by Kranix View Post
    I would also purchase Cliffjumper unless he has a toon accurate alt mode, then I'll pass.
    If Porsche were to ever come to the table and play ball then Cliffjumper would absolutely have a realistic looking vehicle mode as part of the licensing agreement. I reckon there'd be one of 2 possibilities:
    1. Only a realistically proportioned vehicle mode. This is what happened to MP Bumblebee; the VW Beetle mode is realistically proportioned; no super-deforming. Or...
    2. All the vehicle to transform between the realistic and fantasy version of the vehicle mode. This is what happened with MP Sunstreaker with the convertible rear section that can transform from regular to Super Tuning mode. Granted super-deforming and undeforming Cliffjumper's vehicle mode would be a greater challenge, so I'd be inclined to think that option 1 would be more likely.

RE: My previous comment about Porsche BT Meister
    No doubt most of you already know this, but Takara did go so far as to make a prototype BT Meister toy that transforms into a Porsche 986. Obviously they were unable to obtain the licence so they went with the Mazda RX-8 in the end.

But this is what's led me to believe that the main or even only thing holding TakaraTOMY back from doing MP Meister and Cliff is just that currently elusive Porsche licence. And it wasn't that long ago that HasTak had lost the Volkswagen and Lamborghini licences until they were finally able to reobtain them for MP Bumble and Lambor. I reckon that TakaraTOMY haven't given up trying to get that Porsche licence. We just need Porsche to just allow TakTOM to purchase their licence. C'mooooon, Porsche!

Quote Originally Posted by Kranix View Post
    I would love an MP G1 Jetfire but I think he is unlikely.
    Not impossible though since using the Sunbow Skyfire model wouldn't cross into Harmony Gold's intellectual property.

I don't like Prime 3.0, we need a Prime 4.0...

But in all seriousness, I'm not sure what other characters I'd want that 3P hasn't already filled the gaps. I'd have to say I want a BW Inferno though.

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    I also voted for Blaster, which seems a bit more likely. Hoping his bot mode is around the same height as the Autobot cars though and not stupidly tall like Soundwave.
    Blaster was one of the tall Autobot's in the cartoon though, bigger than most of the cars. He was the same height as Ironhide, Ratchet, Trailbreaker, Inferno, Grapple, and Silverbolt.

From the list I voted Perceptor. Windcharger was my fave as a kid, but a tricky one since his car mode was on scale with most of the others but then he shrinks into a minibot.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

All Licensing agreement that we think is an issue is only speculation at best. There isn't any official statement stating from either companies that licensing are a issue. Lot of fans give good assumptions and great guesses. I most welcome anyone with official source to say otherwise, I only find fans talking about it. While the arguments do make sense and I am not saying it doesn't, I have seen zero statements from Takara Tomy admitting that they had any licensing issues < in regards to MP line for the remaining bots.

As for Jetfire, I only recognised the Cartoon version which Fantoys made.
    Anything related to the macross or Robotech I have zero interests as I felt is a rip off from other anime and is actually kind of lame.