Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: January 2015 Japanese toy items

Just a suggestion, but it might be an idea to rename/repurpose the thread into just 'Upcoming Japanese Transformers' or something similar, and keep it as the default 'stuff that's coming out in Japan soon' thread/list.

Also, cheers muchly @griffin for making/updating this thread, it's incredibly convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Just a suggestion, but it might be an idea to rename/repurpose the thread into just 'Upcoming Japanese Transformers' or something similar, and keep it as the default 'stuff that's coming out in Japan soon' thread/list.

Also, cheers muchly @griffin for making/updating this thread, it's incredibly convenient.
    I'm happy to hear that someone else is getting use from it.
    It started out mostly to make my job easier posting news and updating resource topics (and give me somewhere for minor JP toy news postings that didn't need or have existing topics), but I was hoping it might also benefit others budgeting or looking out for items as soon as they know they are released.

I had thought of making it a "future items" topic when I decided to include the non-January items in this topic (because I was getting annoyed searching for the items beyond the current month every few days).... but having a monthly topic makes it easier to search, and it gets messy updating a single topic beyond a few months (which is why I have annual topics like the Toy Checklist).

For now, what I plan to do is, at the turnover of a month I will move over all future items into the next month and then pin it (and unpin the old month). And as of this year, I'm adding the chronological ordering of release to the Toy Checklist in Post #6 so that people can later look there instead of searching for past Month topics. (which I will note in the first post of this topic)

If Hasbro had more reliable release info, I'd do the same with Hasbro toys.
    Last edited by griffin; 18th January 2015 at 03:25 PM.

Sweetarama, that's a good plan. Should make the discussion about JP TFs a bit easier to manage too.
    It really is super handy...living over here means TakTom releases are my 'normal' TFs, and there's not that many easily accessible release date sources. Until you put this up I was having to do regular web searches to figure out budget- and shopping-trip stuff, which can get to be sort of a pain.

One thing that may be relevant is that Amazon Japan still has Exhaust listed for a Feb 28th release. I'm not sure if that means the Amazon listing just hasn't been updated yet or if RobotKingdom (IIRC it was RK who announced the delay) et al are covering themselves just in case.

Sounds like all the January items are now out, even Stinger, which was supposed to be out next week, but some are noting HK sources just got it in.

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    There doesn't appear to be a QT Gen1 Optimus Prime? Or at least not yet...
    Finally showing up as Series 4 QT-19 as pre-order on BBTS for March release. (sorry for going off topic).

Updated list with the Transformers Adventure items that were revealed in the last day, and the Unite Warriors Superion.

Heaps of photos of AD-32 Stinger (redeco of Bumblebee), which is supposed to be released here in a month or so.