Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Now Available" The Transformers: The Movie - Original Motion Picture Score

Default "Now Available" The Transformers: The Movie - Original Motion Picture Score

As tweeted by @Seibertron early this morning, Vince DiCola's score for the original 1986 Transformers Animated Movie has finally seen an Official release via Intrada.

This Digitally Remastered offering marks the 1st time Vince DiCola's complete score has been commercially available, select tracks previously only being available via extremely limited Botcon editions in 1997 & 2001.

From Seibertron.com:
    As we reported a couple of months back, composer Vince DiCola's Transformers: The Movie (1986) Soundtrack has finally made it as an official release!
    The album includes 25 tracks, for a running time of 78:13, and is priced at $19.99.
    Purchase your copy now whilst stocks last!
    (Web store is American, Postage to Australia is $13.00USD - Should cost circa $40AUD all up )

*Edit: It seems many are confused by how this release differs to previous ones; as such, here is a table comparing all the to-date releases including this new one:
    Last edited by Hursticon; 8th January 2014 at 11:30 PM.

I'm all over this, like a fat kid on a cupcake, white on rice, buddy rich on a drumkit.
    I've started up a group order thread for sydney/nsw people who will be attending the next parra fair (Feb). There will be some saving on shipping.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

That cover is beautiful!

Wasnt there an original soundtrack before?

Not with all the tracks on it. Vince DiCola never released most of the music from the movie. A few songs were, but this cd has all of them.

And this is just the music, none of the songs with words (Dare, The Touch, Instruments of Destruction etc) are on it.

There were two releases of the soundtrack which have those songs and some of the score, the second release (20th anniversary) added four extra music pieces.

I wonder if there's interest in a Vic group order?

As there seems to be a bit of confusion, I've just updated the 1st post with a comparison table I drew showing how each release differs from one another.

Great news! This will be my new favorite driving album.

Seems like they've changed most of the track names from the BotCon 97 double album (e.g. "2005" to "Moon base 2 - shuttle launch" and skipped on some key tracks like "Death of Optimus Prime"...

i came across this when i was youtubing what those new sound tracks were about...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j92Gy4HZVAg

amazing

Quote Originally Posted by doublespy View Post
    Great news! This will be my new favorite driving album.

Seems like they've changed most of the track names from the BotCon 97 double album (e.g. "2005" to "Moon base 2 - shuttle launch" and skipped on some key tracks like "Death of Optimus Prime"...
    Speculation around the various forums is that these tracks haven't been omitted, more so that they've been reworked/amalgamated into others.

Sadly the Botcon releases of the original score are so impossibly hard to acquire (Hence why I didn't think twice about ordering this release ) that I wont be able to compare them to this version in order to find out - that task will have to fall to someone who owns "'Til All Are One".

Quote Originally Posted by sifun View Post
    i came across this when i was youtubing what those new sound tracks were about...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j92Gy4HZVAg

amazing
    That was DAMN amazing!