Page 100 of 152 FirstFirst ... 80909596979899100101102103104105110120 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1520

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

Even if you aren't a hardcore American Football fan (like 5FDP and myself) you can still enjoy this trick play.

If I haven't posted this before... which I probably have... I've been shocking for reposting things lately. Anyway if that is the case enjoy it again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UIdI8khMkw
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Even if you aren't a hardcore American Football fan (like 5FDP and myself) you can still enjoy this trick play.

If I haven't posted this before... which I probably have... I've been shocking for reposting things lately. Anyway if that is the case enjoy it again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UIdI8khMkw
    That was so AWESOME

QB "I've had enough, I'm going home. Give me my ball"
    *starts walking off*
    CB's "Wait... what??!"

Speaking of NFL, the 49ers must redeem themselves this morning against the Seahawks. Should be a great game. It's live on ONE at 11.25 AM EST for those that are interested.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Although not a real "trick" play this scene from "The Replacements" cracks me up everytime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKYJRnckd_o

So Mick Potter is our coach next year... He seems to have a good record in the UK. We will see if he can make the transition to the NRL.

Good riddance Izzy! That is all.
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Good riddance Izzy! That is all.
    If the rumours of him going to the Eels are true, I wonder if Folau will be the first player to go from winning the wooden spoon in one code to another in a different code?

At least Parramatta should have a superstar player who can actually play and wants to play, if Sandow and Hayne are going to be the halves the eels will have the laziest playmakers, and no Hindmarsh to tackle the opposition or Burt to kick the goals for the few tries they score!

Wonder how GWS will get media time in Sydney without their convert? Can't recall more than a half dozen stories about them that didn't heavily feature Folau.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Off the field Folau earned every penny the Air Fairy League dished out he was (unfortunately) a big marketing ploy but a good ambassador to the kids. I do think he had the skills for the game but he didn't start it early enough in his career. At least he won't wonder what might of been

Additionally a move to the eels is probably not a good move either. He is an excellent winger great under the high ball a good fend but he will need class to "feed" him the ball and parra will struggle season 2013 to find a spark.

I also see the tigers lost another player.....
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Wonder how GWS will get media time in Sydney without their convert? Can't recall more than a half dozen stories about them that didn't heavily feature Folau.
    Don't worry about that. Their cup runneth over with talent - 25 first round draft choices from the last two years and that's not even counting players they picked up prior to officially entering the league. They have enough superstars in the making that they don't need Falou being the face of the Giants anymore.

The last couple of times I spoke to Izzy I could tell that his heart wasn't in it and that's fine, the games not for everyone. I'm actually glad that he made the decision now rather than next year when he would be taking valuable game time away from kids that really want to develope in a sport that they love and the Giants can field their best 22 players and hopefully win more games.

We'll get there, it's just a matter of time. Soon, people will be saying 'Sydney Swans who'?
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    We'll get there, it's just a matter of time. Soon, people will be saying 'Sydney Swans who'?
    Only took 20 years before the Swans got decent media coverage in Sydney, and they had some great players as well.

Going to take more than some rookies and Melbourne blow-ins to get the attention they need. Too bad GWS is lacking in a local player/star, that is what they truly need to garner public interest.

I'd wager GWS would kill for what the Wanders have done in terms of publicity and media coverage, but the A-league has no competition, the NBL is hopelessly run and boring to watch.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Only took 20 years before the Swans got decent media coverage in Sydney, and they had some great players as well.
    There's a good reason for that - it took them 20 years to become successfull as a team They didn't win a premiership as the Swans until 2005 which was also their first in 72 years and that was post the Tony Lockett era.

Going to take more than some rookies and Melbourne blow-ins to get the attention they need. Too bad GWS is lacking in a local player/star, that is what they truly need to garner public interest.
    And that is exactly what the AFL is aiming for - local NSW product and it all starts at the grass roots. NSW has the second highest participation level behind Victoria and this rose by 27% on the back of the Giants coming into the AFL. Also, with their partnership with UWS, there's already some great talent coming through. Unfortunately, all players start their careers as rookies so it does take time before they become house-hold names.

I'd wager GWS would kill for what the Wanders have done in terms of publicity and media coverage, but the A-league has no competition, the NBL is hopelessly run and boring to watch.
    Rock throwing, fights, and putting spectator safety at risk by lighting flares is not the sort of publicity the AFL wants. Also, the last time I checked, the A-League didn't have it's own channel on TV either. I will agree with you on your views of the NBL though
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks