Thread: Bumping into OTCA members in the wild!

Default Bumping into OTCA members in the wild!

Well seeing as i just stumbled upon Ploughman's Lunch on Facebook i thought it'd be funny for people to share their stories about meeting people from here (or elsewhere) in the wild

I've sometimes met members IRL for the first time by fluke. I first met Suspectimus Prime just by bumping into him at the action figure aisle at Kmart. There have been a few other times when this has happened, but I don't remember them all. Also inadvertently bumped into members at conventions, especially the OzFormers 2003 booth at SupaNova and Sabretron 2004 con, as well as other special events like the special advanced screening of the first Transformers movie on 16/6/2007; saw quite a few faces that I didn't know at the time, but who I can now match names too.

I did also meet up with Ode to a Grasshopper and some other non-OTCA Transfans when I was in Osaka, but that was very much planned. I've never been to BotCon, but I'm sure there are many people here who have who've bumped into well known fans.

The only time I bumped into an OTCA member in the wild was when I was at Westfield Parramatta, although this was after meeting up with Sinnertwin for a purchase.
    Other than that, most bumps have been in fairs and at random events which don't feel wild enough to count. And even with non-OTCA transfans its mostly been people who I'm friends with (including a few Drum & Bass fans )
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

OTCA'ers are usually easy to spot. They're the fully grown men lurking in the Transformer toy aisles of your local TRU
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    OTCA'ers are usually easy to spot. They're the fully grown men lurking in the Transformer toy aisles of your local TRU
    Or hoarding around other common public places like food courts and parks playing with toys.

Apart from official meets, I've only seen Philby out in the wild (due to knowing him from my club photography days)

Met a member at Campbelltown TRU the day Hasbro MP Soundwave went on sale. I can't remember what he said his username was though
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I just turn the other way