Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is your favourite character that didn't get a toy?

I really want a toy of the Piano guy from Maccadam's Old Oil House.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I really want a toy of the Piano guy from Maccadam's Old Oil House.
    I was looking at that last night thinking "why wouldn't someone have made an oddball like that?"

I am considering sculpting a full figure. Xaaron seems like a decent starting point. simple design, Alt mode freedom and a legends size would be appropriate.

Nancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Soviet Fox View Post
    I was looking at that last night thinking "why wouldn't someone have made an oddball like that?"
    Probably because most kids wouldn't buy it. The last oddball alt moded TF that I can think of was Revenge of the Fallen Ejector, a toaster. I bought that toy on sight, but I do remember it peg warming for a really long time too, even though it was a cheap $15 Scout Class figure.

No wait, Titans Return Rewind (and other "Cassettes") have similarly oddish alt modes as data tablets. The Real Gear Robots line was full off everyday object alt modes; phones, personal audio devices, binoculars, cameras, game controller etc.! I love that kind of stuff! It reminds me of the G1 toys like Soundwave, the Cassettes, Reflector, Shockwave and Megatron. DotM Laserbeak had the same thing happening for him in the movie, but sadly the toy's alt mode didn't represent any of them. I would've liked for Laserbeak to be a printer (cos I love the scene where Laserbeak kept on playing the G1 "More Than Meets The Eye" tune ). Animated Laserbeak and Ratbat are guitars.

Hasbro would invariably assign a faction to the Piano guy, even though he's meant to be a factionless neutral Transformer. But for marketing purposes Hasbro would probably make him an Autobot.