Thread: Transformers Comics - where to buy online?

Default Transformers Comics - where to buy online?

Hi everyone,

I am trying to hunt down a reliable a reasonably priced place to buy current/recent release Transformers comics from - the paper versions, not digital.

Can anyone recommend good online sites that offer international shipping at a non-rediculous rate? I'm looking for tried and trusted personal recommendations.

My usual book sites don't sell the comics and one of the sites I looked at to get the Optimus Prime comics wanted to charge me US$30 in shipping alone to get one to HK!!

Any suggestions most welcome! Thanks

I was going to suggest grahamcrackers.com but the website seems to be down right now (they're still active on fb) :/

I've ordered comics from them a few times and the shipping was around $15, they had a flat rate for orders of up to 12 issues. No problems with the service. I haven't used them all that recently though.

Mycomicshop.com is another one, but I think the shipping is a bit higher.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

I generally buy in store, but my online purchases have been from tfaw. Best to buy in multiples of five as that is the increments for the shipping rates. You'd pay the same for 6 as 10 in case I worded that last bit funny, not quite sure how to put it.

I've used kings comics online system a few times with no problems but the last time was about 2 years ago so you might want to see if anyone has used them more recently.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Amazon if you're happy with trades. I use mycomicshop.com for back issues/variants, but if you're wanting to buy new ones then preordering them is the way to go Bladestorm. You save 30-40% off cover price and can get them shipped biweekly or monthly from dcbservice.com
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Might just add that despite the name, the book is just a Transformers ongoing series with a big ensemble cast, not an Optimus Prime solo series.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    I've used kings comics online system a few times with no problems but the last time was about 2 years ago so you might want to see if anyone has used them more recently.
    I've used them once, but it was in the past few months and it came fine so should be as fine as your last order. Based off one order anyway.

i've never tried buying individual issues online but i've ordered the trade paperback collections from places like bookdepository and ebay etc and they've been good.

As a follow up I looked at the sources listed and shipping to HK was pretty high but another Ozformer has come to my rescue by showing me a hidden gem right here in HK.

There is a comic store here in Causeway Bay that brings the English comics in and low and behold had all 3 Optimus Prime comics in stock for HK$20 each (AU$3.40) so I now have somewhere locally I can go! And I'll be going back to look at some of their other titles when time permits.
    I can't believe I was thinking of paying US$15/comic to ship here!

*happy dance*

Thanks to everyone who threw suggestions up. I really appreciate the responses.

P.S I know the Optimus Prime comic isn't just about Optimus but I love the covers and haven't had the chance to read any of the other titles right from the start so the fact I can get in at Part 1 is appealing as well.

I'm sure you will enjoy it very much, and think of all the back issues and trades you have to look forward to when you feel like catching up.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!