Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: AusPost launching a US mail forwarding service

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    I remember ShopMate.
    Never again.
    *shudder*
    Hehehe... Thanks for being Ozformers' guinea pig.

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    I remember ShopMate.
    Never again.
    *shudder*
    Ugh, tell me about it. I won a G1 Quickswitch on ebay as my Christmas present from my wife. To make the shipping worthwhile I bought a lot containing a mint loose TM Terrosaur and mint loose TM Waspinator for $10 USD. The guy refused to ship outside of the US so I was like "you know what, I'll just use Shopmate, it'll be fine."

Once the $15USD to get the stuff there was added on, I was paying GST on $86USD or an extra $12, which is ridiculous considering that the shipping costs for the USPS should be GST free. To top it off, the whole thing was under a kg, yet they charged me for the cubed weight! That doesn't even happen if I ship something under a kg domestically using Aus Post. Talk about a rort!

Honestly, next time I want to mail forward, Shopmate is my last mail forwarder of choice!

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    Once the $15USD to get the stuff there was added on, I was paying GST on $86USD or an extra $12, which is ridiculous considering that the shipping costs for the USPS should be GST free. To top it off, the whole thing was under a kg, yet they charged me for the cubed weight! That doesn't even happen if I ship something under a kg domestically using Aus Post. Talk about a rort!
    I think all international shipping uses cubed weight now unless the actual weight would cost more.

Also, sadly yes, you should be getting charged GST for shipping

Just on eBay... Their international shipping program is balls.

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    Also, sadly yes, you should be getting charged GST for shipping
    Not the shipping I was referring to I shouldn't. Shipping from the Shopmate facility to here, certainly, but not the shipping from the seller to the Shopmate facility within the US - that is a service which in no way, shape or form, takes place here.

I don't know what their gst policy is, but I just got an email from Skypax (my Uk reshipper) saying they now offer US shipping. If anyone knows of a non- gst compliant service, I'd really love to hear it.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!