Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Regret Thread

I pre-ordered my reissue God Ginrai and paid full retail price when it came out. Then the toy shelf warmed badly and even import stores in Sydney were flogging them off at $20 a pop!

I also used to have a spare Beast Wars X-9 Ravage (MISB) which I traded off for a bunch of loose G1 and G2 toys. Shoulda hung onto that toy!

My biggest regret was trading with this #@*()!(*# in Canada -- he promised me a loose complete boxed Fortress Maximus in exchange for a MISB God Fire Convoy and a LOT of loose G1 toys... I sent them off to him... he sent nothing back. He also ran out on his girlfriend and her kids, also owing her father thousands of dollars... a real charmer.

I regret sharing toys with my younger brother who was too young to play and take care of toys properly.
    LF: G1/Henkei/SOC/others
    For Sale/Trade:Misc TF Sale
    Want List: WSTs, SCF PVCs, Henkei, Classics

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Not trying to sound full of myself, but I don't regret any of my purchases.

All of them have been thought-through prior to buying to make sure they 'fit' with my collection e.g. one of every movie character, characters that I have focused on etc.

I think in the past 2 years, I've only had a couple of sale threads and none of them were to off-load toys I regretted buying.

Yeeeeah.... I understand, which is why I bought Animated Grimlock instead
    i dont think you sound full if yourself , you should be proud of the purchases you made. My regret is buying the kabaya transformers - they do have kind of a cool gimmick but are expensive, not worth the space and are pretty crappy

I regret buying DOTM Leader Ironhide. I watched reviews, I knew it was pretty crap, but I went ahead and bought it anyway, mostly because I was being an emotional woman thanks to the movie. I think I'm going to make the most of a bad purchase and repaint him, make him more movie-like. Or something. I don't regret anything else.

Yeah, I don't think I regret any of my purchases... but there are some which I've been disappointed with.

Combiner Class ROTF Devastator would top this list... such an epic FAIL of a Transformer toy set... do I regret getting it? Not really; I wanted it, and I got it on sale (although it did get cheaper later)... I probably regret not waiting a bit longer for it to get cheaper, but I don't regret _getting_ the toy per se.

...I regret wanting the toy.

Some regrets being the following...

When my brother & his wife were in Japan I asked for G1 Transformers (before I started collecting) & was told they looked in several stores but all they had were "modern classic ones" & I told him to forget it. I should have said GET THEM ALL!!!!!

I paid not neccesarily over the odds but more than I could have for some G1 reissues as my first TF purchase in 20 years.

All in all I am pretty happy with what I have collected & only a few I regret buying as they pretty much suck as toys

I regret the 3-4 ROTF toys that I bought

I am somewhat beginning to see my TF1 toys (which I was happy with) as 'taking up space'.

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Didn't the Leader Class Prime (with swindle) got reissued though Arcee? They did sold for clearance price of $30 (IIRC) ...... So you paid full price for it the second time again?
    No, I didn't just pay full price, I paid DOUBLE the full price. Thank you liege for rubbing salt on my wound! (Nah don't worry, it's an old wound that only makes me laugh and doesn't hurt any more )

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    But in order to keep ones sanity, you have to concentrate on the possitives, rather than the negative aspects of collecting (of which there are many, least of all sellers trying to screw you over)

Finding a TM2 Blackarachnia at Launceston Target and not being able to believe it as I ran to the check-out! (It was the last BW toy I ever bought from a store)

Going to TRU in Melbourne on a family holiday and getting TM Megatron, FZ Silverbolt and TM Airazor.

They're the kind of memories we need to hold on to.
    Yeah I think if it's not for those happy memories we wouldn't be here talking about the bad ones The good memories are what keeps us going regardless of all the regrets we have.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    My biggest regret was trading with this #@*()!(*# in Canada -- he promised me a loose complete boxed Fortress Maximus in exchange for a MISB God Fire Convoy and a LOT of loose G1 toys... I sent them off to him... he sent nothing back. He also ran out on his girlfriend and her kids, also owing her father thousands of dollars... a real charmer.
    You always have some world class stories there Goki.

And why should you remorse over something that's NOT your fault???? (You see my case I have no one to blame but my own stupidity )

Quote Originally Posted by jena View Post
    I regret buying DOTM Leader Ironhide. I watched reviews, I knew it was pretty crap, but I went ahead and bought it anyway, mostly because I was being an emotional woman thanks to the movie. I think I'm going to make the most of a bad purchase and repaint him, make him more movie-like. Or something. I don't regret anything else.
    Jena, next time think about all those extra shoes and purses we've bought but only used once or worse, never even opened the package -- your Ironhide will look such a wise choice in contrast

My regret is spending so much on transformers. It's like watching money pouring out of my bank account.

I regret not buying up Energon Unicron's back in the day. I got mine for clearance at Kmart for about $50. Not buying up Classics's Starscream, Skywarp and Ultra Magnus sets.

i regret buying movie tickets to see DOTM