Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "TFIDownUnder.com" Pre-Orders

Default "TFIDownUnder.com" Pre-Orders

Hi, Hope you can help me. I paid for a FansToys FT-07 "Stomp" on November 1st on Pre-Order and now that it has been released they are not responding to my emails. They said that they were going to make a new website, but that hasn't happened yet. And I think it is too late to get a refund from Paypal (Isn't it 6 months after purchase?) It states on their website that the pre-order is "Pending" and "Processing" What do you think I should do? I haven't had any issues in the past as I have bought two Transformers from them in 2014 and 2015. Thanks for your response, TazD.

If you used a credit card to pay through paypal, I would contact your bank and organise a charge back - TFI messed up pretty badly handling money, So'i'd forget about the figure and just get your money back.

I'd also call paypal and see what they say:
    https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/contact/call
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"

Sorry about your situation. I'm sure your aware all pre-orders that weren't already in the process of distribution were cancelled and refunded albeit very slowly.

Take borgeman's advise and contact your bank because your not getting the toy off them.

If your still keen on gettin stomp p.m me, I know a guy that runs a shop in nz where I've got mine on pre-order at a pretty good price.

Hey TazD, I am in a similar situation with my pre-order of MP Ironhide through them. The communication from them has been woeful and they seem to have an expectation that because we ordered online that we automatically subscribe to their facebook account which seems to be how they notified customers of their whole financial debacle.

After numerous unanswered emails I created a facebook account specifically so I could contact them. Once I sent them a pm (on Sunday of all days) they responded within 45mins so I would recommend doing that.

I still havent got my refund, but I am certainly making more progress then before. I also logged a paypal claim against them just to cover myself as I have been burned before by false promises of refunds.

Hi, Well I rang up PayPal and they are looking into it to rectify the matter. PayPal is giving the seller 10 days to respond, even though I didn't get an email from PayPal its noted in the transactions that buyer is making a complaint. We will see what happens. Thanks.

Tfi is a cautionary tale of why you should always use a credit card or Paypal for purchases. If they ask you to withdraw the Paypal complaint BEFORE getting your refund, don't. They tried that one on me
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Well, they have read my emails but haven't responded (return receipts), but spoke to them via facebook, and this is what they said "Hey mate, James here. Have you heard from Evan, the boss?" AND "He has been refunding people back their money for a heap of preorders, but he is getting some (FansToys) stomps in." AND "I'll have to find out what the plan is. i have no idea sorry."

So what can I do next? Just wait and see? When are they going to upgrade their website? On the website they said that my item was "processing". Thanks, DC

Quote Originally Posted by TazD View Post
    *generic bs chatter*

So what can I do next? Just wait and see? When are they going to upgrade their website? On the website they said that my item was "processing". Thanks, DC
    Do everything you can to get your money back. They are just another failed entity who mishandled customer money, so just get it back. Don't wait for them - your money is GONE. They used your money as capital to obtain other stock to sell in the meantime. That stock hasn't all sold, so they were left owing suppliers money for your order. They fell in a hole, and now they're refunding people bit by bit as any money comes in. You could be then next one refunded, you could be 100th in the queue waiting months.

Paypal dispute you said you started, if that process has stalled, and if you used a credit card to pay, go to your bank and organise a chargeback.
    www.mariokart64.com
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"

just had paypal give a refund after making a claim, Tfi never responded through the whole process and paypal sided with me for a refund
    Tfi responded to my first email in feb about failed refund in 30min , never had a reply since

I wouldn't be suprised if they just completely ignore you then once stomp arrives they tell you to drop the dispute so they can send the item. I've seen this happen quite a few times since their downfall