View Poll Results: Which is your favourite Decepticon Jet?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cyclonus

6 12.77%
  • Dirge

6 12.77%
  • Ramjet

4 8.51%
  • Scourge

2 4.26%
  • Skywarp

8 17.02%
  • Starscream

9 19.15%
  • Thrust

5 10.64%
  • Thundercracker

7 14.89%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who is your favourite Decepticon Jet?

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    That's a fantastic reissue. Well presented in the windowed box. And the extra tid bits being Megatron gun accessory & a clinched fist to hold it. But why is the extra fist coloured black? (rather than blue).
    ??? ???
    Unless you got some kind of weird variant or counterfeit, then Starscream should come with all you see here and here. There's a dark blue Optimus Prime fist which is meant to be used by Optimus Prime to hold the Megatron gun, but there's no black fist. At least, mine doesn't have any black fist.

Megatran Guest

My poor eye sight fail me. Thanks Gok.

Skywarp for me. Fav by a mile as a kid! (Teleporting, are you kidding me!?)

Nowadays it would be pretty close between Cyclonus and Skywarp.
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

Whilst Ramjet was my favourite jet that I owned, my actual favourite was Skywarp. Loved his colours and his warping ability. Never owned him as a kid though. Acid Storm is my favourite now though.

Quote Originally Posted by CBratron View Post
    If you asked me this 5 years ago my answer would be Cyclonus. Since then Transformers Prime and IDW have convinced me to side with Starscream.
    Prime starscream has so much character, he's so well acted too, which made his character seem more real and identifiable (actually most of primes voice acting was spot on IMHO).

In the book, "Transformers: Exodus" he's a badass! everything I thought starscream was supposed to be. But the G1 and prime always portrayed him as a snivelling coward looking for the easy usurp, and I hated him then.

My fav is skywarp, but thundercrackers blue always drew me. Sadly he's the only seeker MP I don't have

Quote Originally Posted by simon_marklar View Post
    But the G1 and prime always portrayed him as a snivelling coward looking for the easy usurp, and I hated him then.
    That's not entirely true. The G1 cartoon portrayed Starscream as a snivelling coward, but not other G1 canon, such as:
    * The G1 comics where Starscream was quite menacing. Even after Starscream destroyed himself with the powers of the Underbase, his corpse continued to "live" on as Zombie Starscream. And Starscream became even more powerful when augmented with the power of his practically indestructible Pretender shell.
    * Transformers Generation 2: when Starscream used the power of the Matrix to merge himself with the Warworld.
    * Transformers The Battle of the Stargate: Starscream merged himself with the Trigger. Hmm... there seems to be a recurring theme here...
    * Beast Wars: retconned G1 Starscream as having an indestructible mutant Spark, which merged with^possessed Waspinator. And as we all know, Maximal scientists created Rampage in an attempt to replicate Starscream's Spark mutation (creating a Beast Wars Transformer with a nigh-invulnerable Spark).

So yeah, while G1 cartoon Starscream was a rather lame character, he is by no means the only version of G1 Starscream.

G1 comics Starscream...

"Blind me with your awful light! Thrill me with your darkest secret! Fill me with your unholy power! GIVE YOURSELF TO ME!"

G1 cartoon Starscream...

A close tie between Cyclonus and Thundercracker. The former has such a sleek cool design that I also loved as a kid. However, Thundercracker comes out on top with his fantastic sky blue, voice in the cartoon and characterisation (not brought out in the cartoon).
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

I actually prefer Thundercracker's G1 toy colours over his sky blue cartoon colours. The original toy has this beautiful darker metallic blue. The first Transformer to have metallic coloured plastic.

Cyclonus here. I also had Ramjet, but I wasn't a fan of the transformation; plus, I lost parts.