View Poll Results: Which is your favourite?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Grimlock

15 34.09%
  • Slag

6 13.64%
  • Sludge

6 13.64%
  • Snarl

11 25.00%
  • Swoop

6 13.64%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who is your favourite Dinobot?

I'd have to vote Grimlock first, Sludge second.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Sludge for me. Mostly cause he was my first Dinobot

Snarl. Why? He's a stegosaurus. And they are the best.
    Sometimes all you need is a little energon and alotta luck...

Sludge - as a kid I loved the Brontosaurus, so when my Godmother got me a Transformer for Christmas one year, it was of course going to be Sludge.

His sweet, but simple nature in the cartoon was also a big plus. I think the second favourite was Swoop, because I loved that one episode where Swoop got stuck on Cybertron with Spike and Carly and had to protect them as they escaped back to Earth.

Yeah, personality-wise Swoop was my favourite in the G1 cartoon. Initially for the same reasons you mentioned, but by the time I started high school, I began to appreciate G1 comic Swoop for entirely different reasons (i.e. tortured past). Sludge was my second favourite. He was also a real softy in the comics where he even fell in love with a human woman, although the feeling wasn't mutual. Come to think of it, Powerglide seems to be the only Cybertronian to have ever entered a mutual romantic relationship with a human (or any non-Cybertronian). Skids' relationship with Charlene was really more deeply platonic (i.e. they were more Conjunx Amica rather than Conjunx Endurata). But persona-wise, G1 comic Grimlock is by far my favourite... thanks in no small part to the fact that Grimlock happened to be Simon Furman's favourite Transformer and consequently he was the most well developed character among the Dinobots.

Being so anti-social, Snarl was my least favourite Dinobot as far as personality goes. But toy-wise, Snarl's my favourite, hence why he got my vote for this poll (as it only focuses on the toys).

Character-wise, it would be a tie between Grimlock and Slag, but since this is a toy poll, I voted Grimlock.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Was your heart beating in 1991? Although only Grimlock, Sludge and Snarl were reissued. The Slag mould was reused in 1993 for the G2 Dinobots. The Swoop mould has never been reissued or reused, which leads me to suspect that it must've been the first mould to be too far deteriorated for reuse (and then likely discarded). The fact that Swoop is also physically the weakest of the Dinobot toys also lends credence to this theory.
    I had the gold-boxed Classic reissues of Grimlock, Sludge and Snarl from the early '90s. Slag, being my favourite Dinobot (because Triceratops) was 'missing,' so I jumped at the chance to get a G2 Slag. He was green, so he didn't quite fit in with the others, but I didn't care.

Grimlock
    You can build a throne with bayonets, but you can't sit on it for long. -Boris Yeltsin

мыслете наш он покой

This one's easy unlike the other poll. Grimlock.

Like Goktimus and others I got Snarl first and Stegosaurus are cool, but then some months later I got Grimlock who even before reading the comics impressed me even more, not just because he was a T-rex but because his robot mode was also so cool looking, and even the art on his box which I can still remember was one of my favourites. Actually I don't even recall getting Snarl anymore, but I know I got him first.

Snarl is always my second favourite Dinobot.

Speaking of Snarl and Grimlock it's kinda funny that the Dinobots are actually made up of dinosaur species that existed millions of years apart from each other, it's more aproblem for the comic continuty though as the Ark must have spent a long time scanning dino modes for them.

I got Grimlock and Snarl at the same time; Snarl was mine and Grimlock was originally my brother's, so I count Snarl as my first Dinobot. But naturally we both opened our Dinobots at the same time and played with them together, so in practicality I did get both Dinobots at the same time, playing with Grimlock a few minutes after Snarl. It's kinda like having twins, same birthday but one came before the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Speaking of Snarl and Grimlock it's kinda funny that the Dinobots are actually made up of dinosaur species that existed millions of years apart from each other, it's more aproblem for the comic continuty though as the Ark must have spent a long time scanning dino modes for them.
    Or in Sludge's case, a dinosaur species which never existed at all. Not a problem for the comic continuity though because the Ark scanned their dinosaur modes from the Savage Land, which is a fictitious place from the Marvel Comics universe, so one could say that these different species did and still do co-exist there. And one could say that Brontosauruses may exist in the Savage Land but nowhere else on Earth. It's pretty cool that G1 writers (in both the comics and cartoon) wrote these plausible origins; because while we may not have understood it at the time, it's cool to look back and see that it still holds up under retrospective adult scrutiny. This is the "talking up to kids" mentality with G1 that Michael McConnohie remembers G1 fondly for.

[QUOTE= Come to think of it, Powerglide seems to be the only Cybertronian to have ever entered a mutual romantic relationship with a human (or any non-Cybertronian). [/QUOTE]

What about Daniel & Arcee? (Rebirth) ((& pls, no bonding jokes! ...lol). I voted Snarl as I always admired the stegosaurus & he just looked awesome with those solar spikes on his back, GOLD!