Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Accommodation Sydney

Well i have now organised plane tickets and accomadation for Sydney thanks for all of your help and suggestions

be sure to bring your own drinking water

i did a assignment last year regarding Sydney water, 1 outta 3 people get sick every day due to traces of 'excretment' in the drinkin water

Enjoy the cold icy rude jerks and watch out for Kings Cross, when the time comes, you'll know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    be sure to bring your own drinking water

i did a assignment last year regarding Sydney water, 1 outta 3 people get sick every day due to traces of 'excretment' in the drinkin water

Enjoy the cold icy rude jerks and watch out for Kings Cross, when the time comes, you'll know what to do
    is it that bad roller?
    been to Sydney back in 2002 backpacking and bunk at my friend's uni hostel.
    people were rather friendly, no problems with drinking water too...
    didn't take the trains though as my friend said it was equally or more expensive than taking the bus

as for cab fare from the Sydney airport to CBD, it's about $40-$45 (but that's based on a 5-seater cab when my fiancee went there recently)

well Ice, in recent years at my house and at some of my friends house in the Eastern suburbs and Northern city, occassionally you'd feel a little ill from the water.

Dont get me started on the white elephant millenium train from the airport, and the unfair passenger pickup areas Its all catered so you have to pay through the nose just to park for half an hour.

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Dodgy tapwater? WTH!?

Don't believe a word Roller says Loophole. The Tapwater's perfectly fine (it's not like we live in Pakistan or something... )

About the airport, yes they try to rob you blind with their ludicrous charges for parking etc. but we just put up with it...

The trains/buses/ferries are reasonably priced but you should plan to be a little late...

Taxis on the other hand are a joke...
    7 out of 10 drivers have no idea where they're going while hailing a cab in the city can be real hit & miss...

Despite those things, I'm sure you'll enjoy Sydney I've lived here for 28 years & I luv it!

Oh & stay away from the Cross (particularly the Bourbon & Beefsteak)

Yes Stay away from Kings Cross!! I cant express this enough. My first trip to Sydney, we arrived at 11pm and my cousin dropped me off in Oxford street, I wont go into details, but that place is terrible, Stay away or forever have tainted memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Yes Stay away from Kings Cross!!.
    West is best.

Try hanging out in Sydney itself, and Darling Harbour, rather than east of the City. There may be plenty to see in Kings Cross, but I'm sure most of it you don't actually want to see.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

the cross is hilarious

my friends and i have this game where you shout out loud "Can i speak to someone about illegal trafficking of women of the night?" Then run away from bikies and pimps

Some old guy tried to pickpocket my friend in broad day light

Go to Circular Quay and go to Pyremont Bridge, get them to open the bridge up for you, its fun, you get to stand in the control room and make pedestrians late

okay then note to self stay away from king's cross. the place im staying at is near chinatwon i think called aaron's hotel so hopefully it should be all good

Aarons eh? Hope your not in room 104