View Poll Results: RID Blurr - worth getting?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'll be speeding out to grab this!

3 50.00%
  • Only if cheap

1 16.67%
  • Only if...

0 0%
  • Na

1 16.67%
  • Get it into the bin fast!

1 16.67%

Thread: Toy Review - RID Combiner Force Warrior Blurr

Default Toy Review - RID Combiner Force Warrior Blurr

Blurr
    Series – RID
    Subline – Combiner Force
    Size/class - Deluxe
    Wave - 2
    Released here – Rare appearances
    Approximate Retail Price – Prob $29
    Approximate Size - 15cm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode – Sports Car
    Main Colours – Blue, White
    Main Accessories – Rifle

Robot Mode

Seems to be a nice amalgamation of Blurr’s look from Rescue Bots (which RID does do crossover episodes with) with the look he has been sporting in the Generations line. He has the more rounded head with the large goggles that he has in the RB cartoon/toyline but the lighter colours and high shoulder pads one associates with Generations/G1 Blurr. The proportions are quite nice and he is able to be posed in a number of positions due to the ankle, knee, elbow and shoulder joints. The head is quite maneuverable too, tilting in pretty much any angle you desire.

Vehicle Mode

Almost a cross between the first and second Generations Blurr toys. Most definitely a stylized Earth vehicle however with the distinctive pointiness that the latest Titans Return version has. Quite a sexy futuristic sportscar with its spoiler, big wheels and dome. The blaster can be put on either side of the vehicle or on top, giving you different battle options when at play.

Tranformation
    Quite straight forward - no big surprises here.

Overall
    I think they have done an excellent job of making the Rescue Bots Blurr aesthetic meld nicely with the more classic Blurr look and it fits surprisingly well into the RID line. Overall one of the few RID toys I have actually been impressed with

Blurr is one of the better toys in RiD, although much like RiD overall it's good but not excellent. The transformation is fun and intuitive, and the 'open cockpit' design in the vehicle mode looks pretty interesting. Makes it feel like you could fit a pilot in there. Not a huge fan of the smirking mouth, but then again... it's RiD. I managed to get this for $20 at Big W which I'm quite satisfied with, but wouldn't recommend paying the full $30 that they charge at other retailers like TRU. The limbs on my Blurr pop off pretty easily.

Voted 'Only if Cheap.'

Not a fan of the character's bulky legs but the robot mode is not the reason I bought it. It's the car mode. It looks like it's modelled on the Ferrari Enzo.

P.S. If you want to make Blurr look like a hoon just attach RID Twinferno's two flames on the holes at the back of the car.

Solid transformation and quality that I've come to expect from this line. Love the sculpting of the canopy on this one. Although it's unlikely I hope this sweet mold gets a more exciting redeco.

I found the final alt mode was a little finicky at holding all together. overall a pretty neat figure. articulation is a little hampered by the shoulders being so large.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)