Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182333 ... LastLast

Thread: The Decision Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    Don't do it!!! Buy a loose one to *ahem* play with. He displays so well in the box. Admittedly he is a good one to play with too although I no longer have a loose one just one securely tucked away in his sealed home where he should be
    i dont really collect misb, and dont really want to buy another :$
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Quote Originally Posted by KalEl View Post
    i dont really collect misb, and dont really want to buy another :$
    Then you have your answer :-) OPEN IT NOW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    Then you have your answer :-) OPEN IT NOW!!!
    Opening tomorrow once i've edited my reviews
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    United (gun) Megatron or TW-01 Hegemon. I'm leaning towards Hegemon, since his appearance appeals to me more.
    Per what others have said, consider our gun laws and your status as a minor with reference to Hegemon.
    also; I've seen it in person, and while it looks fairly nice, I also noticed that the ratchet joints in the legs seemed to be chewing themselves up a bit, I'd like to hear form someone who's had one for a few months as to how well it stands after a dozen or so transformations and posing in different positions.
    The Takara megs has not likelihood of being seized by customs.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    That's 2 votes for TM2 Megs, I'll pick him up, but I should probably also pickup a MP-11 at some point also being a Seekers fan.

EDIT: BTW I am thinking about picking up an Encore Fort Max, anyone have good arguments either for or against getting him?
    I'm not a beast wars collector so I can't really give an opinion here.

as for Fort Max:
    + it's Fortress Frickin Maximus
    + He's huge and imposing on a shelf
    + If you're like me and always wanted one, this is the cheapest way of getting a good quality version of the toy.

- He's Huge and Imposing on a shelf. Do you have room for it, either stored or on display?
    -It's still $300 plus shipping. which is a lot of money for a single toy.

I have one pre-ordered and paid for. so you know which way I'm swinging on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    So, my MP Soundwave is currently sitting in my friend's place in Japan (he's been sick so hasn't mailed it to me yet). MP Rumble/Ravage doesn't come out until Feb 23, and MP Frenzy/Buzzsaw doesn't come out until Mar 23.

So should I...
    Option 1: Get ALL of these MPs sent to me after Mar 23, which means paying only x1 for postage, but meaning that I won't get MP Soundwave until late March.
    Option 2: Get each of these MPs sent to me ASAP, thus paying x3 postage
    Option 3: Get MP Soundwave sent first, and have the cassettes all sent after Mar 23 together? (thus x2 lots of postage) -- because I'm more likely to save money from sending 2 small packages together... Soundwave is probably big enough that sending him separately or with the cassettes wouldn't save me money on postage.

What would you guys do if in my position? I'm erring toward Option 3...
    Wait till your friend is better before you hassle him about being your Plastic Crack Mule.

Then go with option 3. though march 23 is only about 7 weeks away.

Do i open my Rid Megatron? Someone get me excited to open him up lol
    I don't collect RID but there aren't any sealed transformers in my collection that I don't plan on opening at some point so, I say open it when you're ready.

My Question:
    if you look at my animated wants list, there isn't much left on there.

Animated RAMJET just appeared on eBay today, it's $80, which is off the charts for an activator. Do I pick it up or wait to see if the price comes down, or wait to see if another pops up in 6 more months that might be cheaper or more expensive.

keeping in mind that the majority of my Animated Collection is still sealed because I've collected it over the course of a year or so since the 2011 Botcon and plan to take photos of it all sealed before I crack it at some point down the road.

None of my animated is displayed right now as my limited display space is being used for Prime and FOC while it's current.

I'm not really in a hurry for it but I realise it's fairly rare and this could be one of those opportunities where you just can't afford to pass it up. "No matter the cost"
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    My Question:
    if you look at my animated wants list, there isn't much left on there.

Animated RAMJET just appeared on eBay today, it's $80, which is off the charts for an activator. Do I pick it up or wait to see if the price comes down, or wait to see if another pops up in 6 more months that might be cheaper or more expensive.

keeping in mind that the majority of my Animated Collection is still sealed because I've collected it over the course of a year or so since the 2011 Botcon and plan to take photos of it all sealed before I crack it at some point down the road.

None of my animated is displayed right now as my limited display space is being used for Prime and FOC while it's current.

I'm not really in a hurry for it but I realise it's fairly rare and this could be one of those opportunities where you just can't afford to pass it up. "No matter the cost"
    flip a coin bro, i'd say wait a bit but it depends if it really is a must have now!
    Any other animated you after?
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

I recall quite a few Ramjets sitting around in Hong Kong. I think wait for a better price, or a trip to HK. It's not really worth breaking the bank for, especially if your collection is primarily US Animated(?).

flip a coin bro, i'd say wait a bit but it depends if it really is a must have now!
    Any other animated you after?
    Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I'd pass it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I recall quite a few Ramjets sitting around in Hong Kong. I think wait for a better price, or a trip to HK. It's not really worth breaking the bank for, especially if your collection is primarily US Animated(?).
    Thanks for the fedback guys, it was gone, purchased at $100 by the end of the day. no bidding, someone just Bought it Now (then)

though another has popped up from the same seller today, at $100 with a BIN at $120. based on Paulbots recollection, I think I will wait for a bit, mybe see if I know anyone going over who might be able to source one at retail. I'd be OK with $50 for it I think.

Kal El, I have a link to my remaining wnts in my sig, check it out.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I've recently moved house and as such, my collection will remain packed away due to space limitations with the exception of few Masterpieces and newer figures.

I usually make an effort to open all my figures, so when I came across G2 Generations Bruticus which has been boxed since he arrived from Amazon a couple of months ago, I hit a stumbling block.

G2 Bruticus looks absolutely fantastic in the box, so I'm reluctant to open it up. Problem is I don't have any other versions of this mold, and I'm really itching to transform him.

What say you Ozformers? Should I open him, or am I not missing out on much?

Quote Originally Posted by Shirokaze View Post
    I've recently moved house and as such, my collection will remain packed away due to space limitations with the exception of few Masterpieces and newer figures.

I usually make an effort to open all my figures, so when I came across G2 Generations Bruticus which has been boxed since he arrived from Amazon a couple of months ago, I hit a stumbling block.

G2 Bruticus looks absolutely fantastic in the box, so I'm reluctant to open it up. Problem is I don't have any other versions of this mold, and I'm really itching to transform him.

What say you Ozformers? Should I open him, or am I not missing out on much?
    You've always got the option of taking him out of the box, having a play and then putting him back in. I'm seriously considering doing that as I have G2 Brute, but only 4 of the 5 regular coloured ones (I was going to buy the brown version of Blast Off, but for $37 I don't know if I can justify it).