Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131828 ... LastLast

Thread: The Decision Thread

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Now that I have them all I plan to set them free, I just have to choose an order to do so. I want to save the best to last, which will probably be Jazz as he's also a long standing favorite.

I have a tentative order list below list below:

bumblebee
    skids
    mudflap
    leadfoot
    roadbuster
    sideswipe
    soundwave
    barricade
    jazz.

Any suggestions?
    I like the looks of that list but this is how I'd adjust it dude:
    1. Sideswipe
    2. Leadfoot
    3. Roadbuster
    4. Barricade
    5. Skids
    6. Mudflap
    7. Bumblebee
    8. Soundwave
    9. Jazz

From what I've seen, heard/read & experienced myself - You're most likely to get the most enjoyment out of those last 3 molds but you could swap Barricade around with Skids & Mudflap if you wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    I like the looks of that list but this is how I'd adjust it dude:
    1. Sideswipe
    2. Leadfoot
    3. Roadbuster
    4. Barricade
    5. Skids
    6. Mudflap
    7. Bumblebee
    8. Soundwave
    9. Jazz

From what I've seen, heard/read & experienced myself - You're most likely to get the most enjoyment out of those last 3 molds but you could swap Barricade around with Skids & Mudflap if you wanted to.

Wow, thanks for the input Hursti,
    I did not expect to see Sideswipe at the start of that list!! I don't have any other sideswipes, is there a better deluxe mold of sideswipe?
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I don't have any other sideswipes, is there a better deluxe mold of sideswipe?
    IMO it's better than the ROTF deluxe. Bigger, more complex and interesting transformation and heaps better balanced. Very nice alt mode. On the negative side, his waist is quite narrow and it has a fair size back-pack kibble. There is a reasonably simple mod out there (on the TFW2005 boards I think) that largely fixes the back pack issues, so long as you don't mind attacking your TFs with a scalpel or dremel.

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    IMO it's better than the ROTF deluxe. Bigger, more complex and interesting transformation and heaps better balanced. Very nice alt mode. On the negative side, his waist is quite narrow and it has a fair size back-pack kibble. There is a reasonably simple mod out there (on the TFW2005 boards I think) that largely fixes the back pack issues, so long as you don't mind attacking your TFs with a scalpel or dremel.
    that's comforting, I was worried it was crap there for a second.

I am yet to do any serious modding to any of my transformers, I have a couple small projects in mind, probably wont start on this guy though, just in case I mess it up royally.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

What would be the better one to get. Boxed g1 cyclonus or boxed scourge..
    I can't choose and i can get only one (i'm leaning towards scourge at this stage)

While i'm at it....
    Giant type 61 or Hercules?

Quote Originally Posted by Geigerrock-2 View Post
    I can't choose and i can get only one (i'm leaning towards scourge at this stage)

While i'm at it....
    I'd go for Cyclonus. He was always my favourite series 3 Decepticon as a kid. To me Scourge was just a glorified grunt.

As for Giant or Herc, whichever one you like the look of more. There are threads on TFW about both (there is even a comparison thread) so you have pretty much all the available info over there. As far as personal opinion, I picked Giant and he is awesome. Such a great representation of Devastator and the individual bots are great to. They are great in hand, the pics on the interwebz do not do the set justice. That said I am hoping the TFC Perseus set drops in price, as that colour scheme is pretty cool and any excuse to own another combiner right?!
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Geigerrock-2 View Post

While i'm at it....
    If we're talking Targetmasters here the obvious choice is Scourge. He's harder to come by and therefore worth more.

Can't help you with the other part of your question as I only collect Transformers
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Should I have got the Universe Challenge at Cybertron set instead of the battle in space RTS set? I really like that Galvatron but I want to know if it would have been better to get that one. I'm not wondering about buying choices- just to know.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    If we're talking Targetmasters here the obvious choice is Scourge. He's harder to come by and therefore worth more.
    Yeah i'm just talking "run of the mill" releases..... The targetmaster decision has been made.... both is the answer still gotta find one though..
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Can't help you with the other part of your question as I only collect Transformers
    Fair comment..

Cheers Trent.. I'm leaning toward Giant just quietly. i like the head sculpt better.. but herc is big

I'm getting back into collecting and I'm trying to decide between 3 figures.

1) TM2 Megatron
    2) any Takara Reissue G1 Megatron
    3) MP-11 Starscream

I have a Season 1 and TM Megatron so I'm not sure TM2 Megs is really needed in the collection. I have a MISB G1 Megatron but I'd still like one to put loose on my Megatron/Galvatron shelf. And I am a big Seekers fan and have one of each of the other Takara MP's including the MP-03 USA edition, so MP-11 would be a replacement.