Page 423 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 403413418419420421422423424425426427428433443 ... LastLast
Results 4,221 to 4,230 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by uteiki View Post
    Hi guys

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this:
    I got some transformers posted from a friend in japan and it arrived 2 weeks ago. He posted it via dhl. Just today, I received a bill from dhl to say I owe them fees for dhl quarantine processing fees. Its for $47.50! Just wondering if any of u had this before - what is this quarantine fee and do I actually have to pay for it? I have used dhl many times in the past few years but this is the first time I received this? I mean I bought toys not some kind of plant or food?

Dan
    yeah i used dhl once to get some games faster from an online store in HK and they sent me a bill for $80? i cant remember what the charge was for, as it was so many years ago but the order cost me $100 shipped...

I've never used them every again - so full of sh-t.

I think you should consult one of those fair trading thingies though as that fee is an outright scam
    Last edited by griffin; 6th October 2011 at 03:00 PM. Reason: wording

I've never heard of that before, I'd seriously question it, especially if you already have your stuff. if you were importing plants fine but toys?

I've never used DHL though so I have no experience with them.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

miavintage Guest

Default Can't figure out what these are. I.D. help please

Hi everybody, new to the forum so hopefully I'm posting in the right place.

I came across 2 TF and hoping you can help me identify.

This one I cant find anywhere when I google it. You guys will probably know it instantly Name? Generation?

White car with blue rear spoiler. Hood spoiler is silver/gray/magenta and turns into a separate robot. Sticker on the roof is gold "racing". Windows are all magenta or maroon color. Racing strips on car door are blue & magenta/maroon. Underbody is gray plastic and reads "1987 Hasbro. Takara 1987. China." Looks like Trans Am or Fiero.

Second toy is a mini TF. "Hasbro 1988. Takara 1988. Macau."
    Orange semi truck with blue underbody and blue trailer hitch.

Found these in a basket of random toys at a yard sale!
    Thanks everybody for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by miavintage View Post
    Hi everybody, new to the forum so hopefully I'm posting in the right place.

I came across 2 TF and hoping you can help me identify.

This one I cant find anywhere when I google it. You guys will probably know it instantly Name? Generation?

White car with blue rear spoiler. Hood spoiler is silver/gray/magenta and turns into a separate robot. Sticker on the roof is gold "racing". Windows are all magenta or maroon color. Racing strips on car door are blue & magenta/maroon. Underbody is gray plastic and reads "1987 Hasbro. Takara 1987. China." Looks like Trans Am or Fiero.

Second toy is a mini TF. "Hasbro 1988. Takara 1988. Macau."
    Orange semi truck with blue underbody and blue trailer hitch.

Found these in a basket of random toys at a yard sale!
    Thanks everybody for your time.
    Are either of these anything like what you describe?:

#1 - Getaway?
    #2 - Powertrain?

miavintage Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Are either of these anything like what you describe?:

#1 - Getaway?
    #2 - Powertrain?
    Yup, you nailed both of them. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by miavintage View Post
    Yup, you nailed both of them. Thanks!
    Really?, hehe, excellent; No problems at all mate, glad to be of some help.

Okay this is TF related. My MP-10 which I paid extra to have shipped faster is.... somewhere in the mail. My last tracking says "Processed Through Sort Facility, October 01, 2011, 5:49 am, ISC CHICAGO IL" and I haven't had any more updates on my track. So at what point should I be getting worried? I've had no trouble with postage coming out of the US before but my concern is that they've always had a track point in LA or Hawaii and this one seems to have stopped in Chicago and then gone nowhere.

uteiki is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

hey thanks for the reply guys. I called DHL this mornning and 1 minute later they just waived the charges...

What a load of BS.

basically if you do not call them & just pay for it, DHL will say thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    yeah i used dhl once to get some games faster from an online store in HK and they sent me a bill for $80? i cant remember what the charge was for, as it was so many years ago but the order cost me $100 shipped...

I've never used them every again - so full of sh-t.

I think you should consult one of those fair trading thingies though as that fee is an outright scam
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I've never heard of that before, I'd seriously question it, especially if you already have your stuff. if you were importing plants fine but toys?

I've never used DHL though so I have no experience with them.
    Last edited by griffin; 6th October 2011 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by uteiki View Post
    hey thanks for the reply guys. I called DHL this mornning and 1 minute later they just waived the charges...

What a load of BS.

basically if you do not call them & just pay for it, DHL will say thank you very much.
    good one, a lot of companies try to pull this sort of thing.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by theheretic View Post
    Okay this is TF related. My MP-10 which I paid extra to have shipped faster is.... somewhere in the mail. My last tracking says "Processed Through Sort Facility, October 01, 2011, 5:49 am, ISC CHICAGO IL" and I haven't had any more updates on my track. So at what point should I be getting worried? I've had no trouble with postage coming out of the US before but my concern is that they've always had a track point in LA or Hawaii and this one seems to have stopped in Chicago and then gone nowhere.
    It depends on whether you are using First Class or Priority or what?

If it's First Class, I'd say you won't see any further update on that, and you are lucky to see it "Processed Through Sort Facility"; my experience my First Class parcels always stay in the status "Electronic Shipping Info Received".

There is no actual tracking for all First Class even though they give you a tracking number. I've got quite a few of them, the longest took me 6 weeks on the wait; the shortest a week. So it's very likely that you receive two parcels at the same time though they maybe respectively posted with weeks between one another. And I've got one of my First Class arrived earlier than a Priority one thought they were posted at the same time.

So for First Class, now is definitely too early to worry about it.

EDIT: Just saw it you said "paid extra to have shipped faster"...Well, still, not necessarily, I did have my Priority seemingly sitting in the post office for quite a while when it's actually already got to Sydney. You never know. The thing I've concluded so far: it'll sure arrive in the end, but how fast/slow does not necessarily depends on whether it's shipped First Class or Priority. And status update are inaccurate.

If you are unsure, email the seller; he/she won't be able to do anything but after all they are located in US so can easily phone up USPS to inquire.