Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Vintage game consoles

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    This article has a list of Target stores that will have stock available on Saturday http://www.vooks.net/selected-target...able-saturday/
    But even if you miss those there's nothing to fear as Nintendo confirmed a few weeks back that they will be not only releasing more Snes mini's but will be re-releasing the Nes mini as well.
    Suffice to say that scalpers are not pleased about this lol
    Good to know. And damn those scampers

(But come on Target, only three stores in VIC with stock and still you allow 4 per customer?!)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I should have paid closer attention to preorder dates for the Classic Mini SNES. I'd happily buy one but odds of getting in store stock are low. Sure I have my original and an emulator, but still would have been a nice get.

(Bring on another reissue that throws in DKC2 and I won't feel bad)
    Nintendo says that they have a continuous production run until next year and that the mini-NES is being re-released. I think that with a bit of patience and keeping your eye open (we have to in Australia for anything collectable even if retail) then you will get one.

I'm not overly worried about getting a SNES classic, but if I see one on store shelves I'll pick one up.

I'm not sure EB Games got the memo that Nintendo are making more of the SNES Classic, I can't find any listing for the thing on their site.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I'm not overly worried about getting a SNES classic, but if I see one on store shelves I'll pick one up.

I'm not sure EB Games got the memo that Nintendo are making more of the SNES Classic, I can't find any listing for the thing on their site.
    Most sites have taken down their pages. Could only find the Gamesmen still having an (out of stock) page for it. I'll be patient

Just got an SMS reminder to go pick up my SNES mini tomorrow

Although i kinda still want one just cause... I decided not to get the SNES Classic because i own most of the games on cartridge. Then the other day i was at a recycle shop and picked up this entire lot for less than 2000y.

Every last one of those Super Famicom games is on the Classic! Clearly someone in my town has one preordered, and with these added to my collection, hopefully i'll have enough willpower to stick to my decision! Don't think i'll find a Starfox 2 cartridge tho hmmm..

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Although i kinda still want one just cause... I decided not to get the SNES Classic because i own most of the games on cartridge. Then the other day i was at a recycle shop and picked up this entire lot for less than 2000y.

Every last one of those Super Famicom games is on the Classic! Clearly someone in my town has one preordered, and with these added to my collection, hopefully i'll have enough willpower to stick to my decision! Don't think i'll find a Starfox 2 cartridge tho hmmm..
    You are lucky to be in Japan. I understand the mindset given how accessible vintage collectable games are there. However for us saps in Australia where you would be super lucky to find a Bratz GBA game in a fair or garage sale, the mini NES is certainly an effective way to play those games (if you don't want to resort to emulators that is).

I've had some luck at my locals, but it goes both ways (and i didn't mean to suggest anyone in Aus was a sap!)

I mean, lots of the games i find, i can't really play properly since they're all in Japanese. I mostly get them for collection, the artwork/box/manual and just appreciating the old school graphics etc, and half the time *because* they're so cheap! I've only got 2 stores within 30 mins drive and really, 90% of the time I go there, they've got nothing new. The find above was my biggest win yet. There's a lot of regular ripoff pricing on Yahoo Auctions, and some more collectable games still reach high prices here. I'm also hours and hours away from the big retro game shops unfortunately.

Before i left Aus though, like 3 great retro games shops sprouted up out of nowhere. Yeah, the prices were mostly Ebay level - selling cart-only for like 15-30 bucks or something, whereas most carts in Japan are a couple bucks, 10 at most. But they had impressive boxed PAL games the likes of which i hadn't seen for 20+ years! Most of my Super Famicom collection, i got in Aus through Ebay about 15 years ago at high price - I decided then to go for Super Famicom since they're much easier to come by in good condition. All this was because i sold my childhood SNES collection like a sucker to fund a PlayStation 1!

Even the SNES Classic, it's a hassle if I wanted one, since i'd prefer the "import" Western version, with Super Castlevania IV and others, with games in English, over the Japanese one. But I don't fancy my chances getting one online! As far as the device itself, it's awesome that it works through HDMI cause an original SNES looks like rubbish on newer TVs. Eventually TVs will drop AV connections and you won't be able to use an original without an upscaling device too. But I bet Nintendo will release another, with a different selection.. then again, and then maybe finally one day release one that's connected to the internet for adding more games (legally). Until then, while cool, I think it's mostly a novelty item. There's so many awesome SNES games missing from it, i'd never be truly satisfied.

And today, i finally got the PAL Metroid Samus Returns... 2 weeks later than if i were in Aus, since i had to import it, damn region locking!

Having said all that, i am yet to see a Bratz game here

Big W have stock online of the SNES Classic so I've ordered.

I could have walked out of work with a SNES Mini today if the last of my disposable income for the month didn't go to HLJ this morning. I doubt any of today's stock will remain when I get paid on Tuesday, but I'm not worried.

A note for anyone after one at Big W. We are being strict on the 1 per customer and no layby policy. Also they are selling like hotcakes, but that's probably just because it's day one.