Page 63 of 75 FirstFirst ... 4353585960616263646566676873 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Official - MP-36 is a new Megatron

I imported one only two weeks ago with no cap, sailed straight through customs and onto my shelf. They (customs) just aren't interested in this version of megatron in my opinion.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    They only put caps in their US orders. They were going to put caps in their Australian orders also until a bunch of angry customers pointed out to them that they do nothing to make them legal and the only way to make them legal is follow your states importation and ownership laws. Fortunately for you you're in Victoria, follow Griff's instructions in the first post in the gunformers thread and you will be OK. NSW is the only state that has strict laws, everyone else is fairly cool with them as long as you don't do anything stupid and get the appropriate letters from the police.
    Its also VERY expensive to own him in vic as you need to renew him every 3 years (that and you need a referee, and not just any one either from what I read), didn't nsw have the megatron club?

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    Anyone here a member of that fb transformers group?

We need to ask the community there, none of us have reported anything, I mean this is almost TOO good to be true
    TCCA? Not a single seizure reported that I'm aware of.

Its also VERY expensive to own him in vic as you need to renew him every 3 years (that and you need a referee, and not just any one either from what I read), didn't nsw have the megatron club?
    $178.70 for 3 years, and no laws about requiring locks, bars, gun cases, etc. that's not expensive really. Grant it that's not as good as Queensland where it's completely free up here, but it's still not bad. Also I don't see anything about a referee needed, just need to get that letter from the police for $178.70.

$178.70 for 3 years, and no laws about requiring locks, bars, gun cases, etc. that's not expensive really. Grant it that's not as good as Queensland where it's completely free up here, but it's still not bad. Also I don't see anything about a referee needed, just need to get that letter from the police for $178.70.
    Hahaha you're joking right? In Victoria, Megatrons are treated exactly the same as imitation firearms, regardless of whether you get the commissioner's exemption or not. That includes being a gun club member, and the rigorous application and storage requirements. Here's a snip of the page detailing storage from our application form:

The Chief Commissioner's Approval is a bit more lenient (you can have a glass door on the cabinet, but it states the glass must be a minimum 5mm thick) but I don't know of any collector who successfully applied for a CCA exemption. Basically in Victoria with the current laws, even if one obtains a permit/licence to own him legally, we cannot display Megatron in a manner acceptable for a collector.
    In NSW the creation of the Megatron club basically bypassed most of this nonsense. They still need it in a locked cabinet but based off some examples posted here (an all glass cabinet/cube) the requirement for a "secure cabinet" are also very lax. (I haven't looked at the details since it came to fruition 10 years back so I'm going off a waning memory for that one)
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"

Anyone here a member of that fb transformers group?

We need to ask the community there, none of us have reported anything, I mean this is almost TOO good to be true
    My comment included TCCA. And believe me, if someone there had a Megs seized, the wailing and gnashing of teeth would be heard across the stars.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Borgeman View Post
    Hahaha you're joking right? In Victoria, Megatrons are treated exactly the same as imitation firearms, regardless of whether you get the commissioner's exemption or not. That includes being a gun club member, and the rigorous application and storage requirements. Here's a snip of the page detailing storage from our application form:

The Chief Commissioner's Approval is a bit more lenient (you can have a glass door on the cabinet, but it states the glass must be a minimum 5mm thick) but I don't know of any collector who successfully applied for a CCA exemption. Basically in Victoria with the current laws, even if one obtains a permit/licence to own him legally, we cannot display Megatron in a manner acceptable for a collector.
    In NSW the creation of the Megatron club basically bypassed most of this nonsense. They still need it in a locked cabinet but based off some examples posted here (an all glass cabinet/cube) the requirement for a "secure cabinet" are also very lax. (I haven't looked at the details since it came to fruition 10 years back so I'm going off a waning memory for that one)
    Don't get angry at me you jerk. I'm just point out what Griff has posted as the proper procedure. If he has got it wrong harass him. Good thing I don't live in communist NSW or Victoria.

Megatran Guest

Is that really necessary? Borgeman was just pointing out that there is more to it than a $180 piece of paper. No need for people to over react.

Don't get angry at me you jerk. I'm just point out what Griff has posted as the proper procedure. If he has got it wrong harass him. Good thing I don't live in communist NSW or Victoria.
    Seems like you should be looking at yourself for the anger and overreaction. I'd hate to see what would happen if someone actually had a go at you. Crickey.

And if you actually read Griff's post on prohibited toys, you'd see that his information is current and accurate, and has links to the relevant police information as well. But I guess abusing someone was just easier.

GG no re
    www.mariokart64.com
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

For those who want one of these, it is best to order now from HLJ, NY, and a lot of the Japanese online stores.

Apply your permit closer to release date as there is an expiry.

For permits please go to the firearms section in OCTA for better clarity.

I overall like this toys as robot form, but felt the gun mode fell short.