-punches wall-
    -goes to kill people online-

</vent>
    He ripped you off?

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    He ripped you off?
    not exactly.
    read the eastside thread....

I think its about time to buy a house (going to look at one tommorrow).

Its pretty scary really but i feel it is the best decision for the family. Life has been pretty cushy until now and im a little nervous about tightening the belt.

My collecting's probably going to suffer unfortunately too- not taking this concept very well...
    -----------------------------------------------
    Collecting transformers- a good way to get poor
    Transformer count= too many

Currently in search of:
    G1 goodness

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Sigma 13 View Post
    My collecting's probably going to suffer unfortunately too- not taking this concept very well...
    yeah im not look forward to that aspect either when i decide to move out wont have the money to burn on cars, comics and transformers

but good luck with your house hunting!! should move to the hills there awesome btw

Its pretty scary really but i feel it is the best decision for the family. Life has been pretty cushy until now and im a little nervous about tightening the belt.

The best way to do that is probably by leaving some financial leverage left aside so you have something to fall on if things become difficult.

You don't want to put all your life savings on the initial mortgage pay or anything like that. You need a bit of money saved to fall back on in case something bad happens like one of you loosing their job. If you don't have a financial back up you risk loosing everything if you fall behind payments.

It's much easier if you have a dual income as you can support one another but it is very difficult or impossible to do it on a medium single wage income without sacrificing your way of life for many years (decades).

I am single and intend on remaining single for the rest of my life so to me getting a mortgage equals to a giant ball and chain. I am the type who believes in 'work to live' but a mortgage on a single income would make me into a 'live to work' kinda guy.

I feel exactly the same! I'm looking to purchase an apartment and that means locking myself into a mortgage and which means less TF's. Its rather frightening thinking that I may lose some of my financial freedom once I take on a mortgage.

On a lighter note, I was just looking through domain.com and I saw some pictures of an apartment and what do I see? A display cabinet with some TF's in there! I guess its still possible to do

Quote Originally Posted by shazam View Post
    On a lighter note, I was just looking through domain.com and I saw some pictures of an apartment and what do I see? A display cabinet with some TF's in there! I guess its still possible to do
    Get them to throw that in! That's an excellent TF sighting!

I'm in the potential apartment buyer category too. It's not really a vent thing though, it's something it seems worthy of discussing in it's own thread perhaps.

We all eventually have to give it up. Its inevitable. We'll get over it! Because it will be for the right cause.

I think if you are willing to give up on the hobby in the short term, you will gain much more in the longterm. Several years back I sold 75% of my collection (TFs, Macross, Gundams etc....) to get a deposit for an investment property. And now 7 years later, the money I make from it goes towards paying it off and allows me a little extra to pay for my hobby now. Short term loss, long term gains.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky