Page 37 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1727323334353637383940414247 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic book thread ON!

Who the hell is James Asmus and how was I not aware of him earlier? Damn the guy can write!

Just wrapped up Uncanny X-men Annual 3: Escape From The Negative Zone Part 1, and its some of the funniest shit I've read in ages.

And complimented by the art of Nicholas Bradshaw, fkn fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by gantz View Post
    Who the hell is James Asmus and how was I not aware of him earlier? Damn the guy can write!

Just wrapped up Uncanny X-men Annual 3: Escape From The Negative Zone Part 1, and its some of the funniest shit I've read in ages.

And complimented by the art of Nicholas Bradshaw, fkn fantastic
    Is this the story with Cyclops trying to lead Hope, Namor and Dr Nemesis, none of whom want to take his orders?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I'm very happy to learn today that new English version printings of the complete Sailormoon series are coming, including the prequel Code Name Sailor V. The Mixx/Tokyopop versions are very hard to find on ebay except at very high prices.

I did buy Vols 1, 11 and 12 of the most recent Japanese reprinting, but I'm very happy to finally be able to get the whole series in English. And hopefully this will pave the way for a rerelease (or redub) of the whole anime on DVD.
    Oh yes! If they can get a company like Madman to re-release the first 2 seasons along with the S, Super S, and Sailor Stars (alternate English/Japanese audio tracks for the first 2?) on DVD, I'll gladly buy them.

In the meantime, I'll keep myself occupied by attempting to hunt down a Region 4 copy of the 2002 Sailor Moon Volume 1 release. It's the only disc from the set I don't own.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Is this the story with Cyclops trying to lead Hope, Namor and Dr Nemesis, none of whom want to take his orders?
    Yeah thats the issue. LOL Nemesis: So can we please split up now?

And his confusion between Namor and Aquaman

Looking forward to see Steve come save the day (or at least attempt to) in the next issue.

How did I not know about this thread???

What do I read? I read everything that comes through the shop given half a chance.

Yeah took me a while to find it also.

So what are your main titles? A few pages back everyone posted their standing orders if you'd like a look

I run a comic shop, so when I said I try and read everything, I actually did mean everything. If you want a list of what I read it's shorter to ask what I don't read.

If you want a bit of history then here goes:
    I was rasied books, movies, cartoons and comics (like I assume most of you were). I loved Superman & Batman and Uncle Scrooge comics as a child and one of my first memories is watching Superman & Superman 2 at a double feature at the local drive-in when I was 3 years old. Over time I moved away from the simpler (at the time) DC stories and by the time I was in grade 6, I was reading Frank Miller's run on Daredevil. Later that year I discovered the X-Men, specifically Walter & Louise Simonson's run on X-Factor but that lead into my obsession with everything X.

For along time, I read only X-titles, the original run of New Warriors and Captain America, dispite my (not so local) comic book guy's best attempts, to get me reading some of the more hardcore stuff. He used to sneak things like Sin City into my standing order. As it happened, the comic shop I'd been going to for years closed down just as I got my drivers licence. Thus started my semi-regular Melbourne trips, down to hassle the guys at Comics R Us. I was a poor Uni student so my collecting suffered until I graduated and found a "real" job. The quarterly Melbourne trips became monthy and then fortnightly.

Fast froward a few years and I'm being made redundant and the redunancy package is just what I need to start a new business. I managed to convince a long time friend to go halves with me and we've been running ever since. We started out small and still are by all intents and purposes small but we are slowly growing. The past 5 years have flown by so fast, it feels like yesterday we opened the shop with only half the stock we wanted, thanks to a series of unfortunate delivery errors. Not much as changed really.

Things to check out at the moment are:
    Morning Glories - An awesome little series about a bunch kids going to a not-so-normal high school. And by not normal, I mean The Prisoner meets Lost.
    Walking Dead - If you havn't been reading this because it's just a Zombie title, you have no idea what your missing.
    Secret Warriors - This one's a bit slow when read month to month but is like a single pebble rolling down a hill that becomes an avalanche. Best read in huge chunks!

Got the civial war and really enjoyed it.

Any reccomendations as to what to read next out of those spinoff books?
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Got the civial war and really enjoyed it.
    Any reccomendations as to what to read next out of those spinoff books?
    Avoid all the Front Line stuff. The Avengers stuff was probably the most interesting compainon story followed probably by the Amazing Spidey arc and if you want a follow up, the Death Of Captain America stuff was widely reguarded as solid.

Civil War: Confessions is a must - very personal and emotional

FrontLine actually aint too bad, for a good street level comic of the events (similar to Seige: Embedded)

As mentioned, get Death Of Cap, I'd skip Secret Invasion (that event was just weak) grab some Dark Reign if you feel interested, but imho I'd go straight to SEIGE!!