Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Optimus Primal

A better pic from https://twitter.com/GENgoraw

Still got no idea what's going on with it... the only way i can see that thing transforming is if it's a pretender shell

definitely transforms, look at the lines on the elbows and face , super excited for this, esp the scale and cartoon accurate
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

Look at the hands, though. They look solid. I'd be expecting hand articulation in an MP toy. So because Primal has the same hands in both modes, I'd say this is just a test-shot or a resin statue. It doesn't transform.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    Look at the hands, though. They look solid. I'd be expecting hand articulation in an MP toy. So because Primal has the same hands in both modes, I'd say this is just a test-shot or a resin statue. It doesn't transform.
    Didn't it say somewhere he's yet to be cut up to create the bot mode?
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Didn't it say somewhere he's yet to be cut up to create the bot mode?
    Correct This is just a placeholder display and by far from being the final product. But so far so good!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Agreed!
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

TBH I'm looking forward to this more then Ironhide, even though I'm not a big Beast Wars fan!
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

If I wanted a big rubber monkey I'd buy a King Kong figure

They really need to be concentrating on finishing up the line-up of Masterpiece G1 figures before they even think of doing Beast Wars.

After they have finished up with an MP of every character to appear from 1984 to 1990 they can do BW - until then my Robot Heroes Optimus Primal is more than enough for me. That said, an MP Optimal Optimus may actually hold some kind of appeal

I'll buy pretty much any MP they put out, but i also think the line could really benefit from a much more focused (and faster) roadmap.

They created a lot of excitement with Combiner Wars (releasing a whole bunch of figures in a set in quick succession). That's what i think they should be aiming for - and they're so close to finishing '84 you'd think they'd just pump them out first.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    If I wanted a big rubber monkey I'd buy a King Kong figure

They really need to be concentrating on finishing up the line-up of Masterpiece G1 figures before they even think of doing Beast Wars.

After they have finished up with an MP of every character to appear from 1984 to 1990 they can do BW - until then my Robot Heroes Optimus Primal is more than enough for me. That said, an MP Optimal Optimus may actually hold some kind of appeal
    Glad to see you have everyone's (especially BW fans) interests at heart there Trev.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain