Page 25 of 105 FirstFirst ... 51520212223242526272829303545 ... LastLast

Thread: The Price Check/What is it worth Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    It's funny how Henkei Hound used to command sky high prices too, but then TakTomy decided to re-release him and he's pretty much a peg warmer overseas nowadays - so all hope is not lost yet.
    What's funnier still is that Universe Hound commands higher prices on ebay than the more cartoon accurate Henkei! Might finally pick one up once UN/Generations ends with Rumble & Frenzy...Is Ravage the same in both releases?

Fonecrusher: Ultimately I think if you collect toys because you want to enjoy them as opposed to trying to make a financial investment, then you can't lose as the aftermarket value of the toy would be irrelevant. For example I bought 2 Beast Wars X-9 Ravages for $22 each in 1999. Opened one, kept one sealed. About a year or so later I traded my sealed one for a bunch of loose G1 and G2 figures. The ludicrous prices that Ravage seems to go for these days amuses me, but I don't regret opening my first Ravage or trading off my 2nd one (I definitely got at least $22's worth of TFs in the deal, which is how much I paid for the toy - and I don't think Ravage had appreciated that much in 2000-01).

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    Is Ravage the same in both releases?
    I honestly don't know since my Henkei one is MOSC and I've never examined Ravage that closely.

EDIT - "A redeco of Universe Ravage, Jaguar features the same plastic colors as his Universe counterpart, only his legs are a significantly darker metallic gray than the Hasbro version (so much so they almost look black in certain lights)" (from TFWiki)

Hope that helps DD.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    For example I bought 2 Beast Wars X-9 Ravages for $22 each in 1999. Opened one, kept one sealed.
    And this is what I intend on doing from here on in (only with relevant characters)... the second one will eventually cover the cost of the both of them

Buy three of them and I might even walk away with a profit at the end of it all.
    Last edited by Vector Prime; 21st March 2011 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Fonecrusher: Ultimately I think if you collect toys because you want to enjoy them as opposed to trying to make a financial investment, then you can't lose as the aftermarket value of the toy would be irrelevant. For example I bought 2 Beast Wars X-9 Ravages for $22 each in 1999. Opened one, kept one sealed. About a year or so later I traded my sealed one for a bunch of loose G1 and G2 figures. The ludicrous prices that Ravage seems to go for these days amuses me, but I don't regret opening my first Ravage or trading off my 2nd one (I definitely got at least $22's worth of TFs in the deal, which is how much I paid for the toy - and I don't think Ravage had appreciated that much in 2000-01).
    Yeah don't get me wrong, I'm not a collector for the financial side of things, a $30-40 profit for a figure like this really means very little in the bigger picture. I'm more just shocked how some figures that aren't well received upon their initial release, can go from proverbial shelf warmers to collector's items in a relatively small amount of time based on availibility.

how much is G1 Jetfire MIB worth?
    How about G1 superion MIB?
    LF: G1/Henkei/SOC/others
    For Sale/Trade:Misc TF Sale
    Want List: WSTs, SCF PVCs, Henkei, Classics

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    how much is G1 Jetfire MIB worth?
    How about G1 superion MIB?
    A MIB Jetfire should go for approx. $250 - $300 depending on the box condition. From memory, a seller at the Parra Fair had one for twice that price which is obviously far too pricey.

Prices for Superion have come down slightly since the KO was released. It should be between $300 - $350. You might even be able to get all of the carded Classic releases for about the same price.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Hey guys.
    How much should I expect to pay for these Lugnutz?
    a) loose show colours
    b) MIB show colours
    c) loose atomic
    d) MIB atomic
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by klystron View Post
    Hey guys.
    How much should I expect to pay for these Lugnutz?
    a) loose show colours $10-20
    b) MISB show colours US$13.90 from RK http://www.robotkingdom.com/services...lang=us&CatID=
    c) loose atomic $10-20
    d) MISB atomic US$21.90 from RK http://www.robotkingdom.com/services...lang=us&CatID=
    e)MISB Takara show colours US$28 from ebay http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TRANSFORMERS-...#ht_1059wt_905

I really should've checked there first, but honestly didn't even think that he'd still be available brand new like that.
    My bad.
    Thanks for the links though.
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

Default help with price

i recentlly found an original? megatron(good condition) complete with box( very worn), how much is to much and how do i tell if its legit???