Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891424 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Convoy 3.0 Revealed

Galvatran Guest

I'm probably in the minority but I would prefer if the Masterpiece line was rebooted back to the MP1 scale. There's heft to MP1 Convoy figure that's lacking from the MP10 version. Add some improved articulation for better action poses. That would be a wallet / purse / man bag / shove it down your jocks (if that's your thing) destroying direction.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    I'm probably in the minority but I would prefer if the Masterpiece line was rebooted back to the MP1 scale. There's heft to MP1 Convoy figure that's lacking from the MP10 version. Add some improved articulation for better action poses. That would be a wallet / purse / man bag / shove it down your jocks (if that's your thing) destroying direction.
    You are not but however I want a total perfection series where they don’t cut corners and budget and skip paint or diecast. I know it be more expensive but if it was perfect, I would buy it. Plus rubber tyres.

It be a smart move after two years they offer replacement tyres as a product for a collectors display piece.

But seeing the direction, I don’t think Tomy cares and they rather sell good quality Tomy products over Takara trying to make one. Binaltech was the last best thing Takara ever did. From then on is all plastic.

Die cast metal on its own doesn't necessarily make a figure better. My Alternity GT-R Optimus can barely stand! he has a good chunk of metal but it just doesn't seem to be balanced well.

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    Die cast metal on its own doesn't necessarily make a figure better. My Alternity GT-R Optimus can barely stand! he has a good chunk of metal but it just doesn't seem to be balanced well.
    For argument sake this is what I want. Like what 3p does such as products from Fantoys. We can go about stupid silly arguments like rubber tyres can wear tear, plastic is better. I have already stated paint on metal is noticeably better.

I don’t think I care? And I just want premium finish. Buy a “masterpiece if you want to just keep playing “ I want a rock solid piece.

People may have already seen it by now, but TFW2005 have posted a front-on photo of the slide, which means the proportions aren't skewed: http://news.tfw2005.com/wp-content/u...s-prime-v3.jpg

Source article: http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/06/09/u...-3-2019-365408

I'm impressed with the fidelity to the character model, in particular with the silhouette - MP-10 looks boxy, almost ungainly, in comparison. I definitely like the look of the rifle - MP-10's rifle suffered because the designers wanted it to stow in his back.

Quite a few people seem to be asking 'why?' I get that a new Optimus may not be 'necessary', but given the Masterpiece line's new focus on the highest possible fidelity to the character models, a new Optimus makes sense. As good as MP-10 is, it's not screen-accurate and can look almost out of place next to MP-36.

Re: material - I don't care if this or any other Masterpieces are primarily made of metal or plastic. In my experience, the extra mass of a metal part makes joints loose more quickly, and unless the quality of the paint is very good, paint seems more prone to chipping on metal (an issue when there are lots of moving parts) than it does on plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    I have already stated paint on metal is noticeably better.
    This was actually addressed a while ago.

And I just want premium finish. Buy a “masterpiece if you want to just keep playing “ I want a rock solid piece.
    The finishes on Takara's figures have been consistently good. If you really want a 'rock-solid piece', perhaps you shouldn't get Masterpiece Transformers at all, because of their complexity. A non-transforming figure might be better.

Like I said we are talking about a different line if rebooting. I am DONE talking about it. The masterpiece is a nightmare from my point of view but is the only G1 closest thing. My standards are high. And yes technically speaking I am also Done buying masterpiece line as I have gotten 3p to fill the gaps.

I know for myself paint on metal has differences and I will remain firm solid on the matter.

Let’s put a lid on this and please move one and just talk about V3 shall we?
    Cheers

bowspearer Guest

Like I said we are talking about a different line if rebooting.
    Have you considered that the reboot already happened years ago and that this is simply a case of finally giving that reboot a Convoy figure. And yes, I am arguing that MP-10 in terms of the cartoon accuracy reboot we have had for ages now, is at best, a stopgap, and at worst, part of a second, shortlived reboot, which shifted the scale, but failed to pull of animation accuracy like releases which came only a few years after. That said, we really do need a Red Alert v2.0 as that is one figure dying for a redux.

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    Have you considered that the reboot already happened years ago and that this is simply a case of finally giving that reboot a Convoy figure. And yes, I am arguing that MP-10 in terms of the cartoon accuracy reboot we have had for ages now, is at best, a stopgap, and at worst, part of a second, shortlived reboot, which shifted the scale, but failed to pull of animation accuracy like releases which came only a few years after. That said, we really do need a Red Alert v2.0 as that is one figure dying for a redux.
    The masterpiece line is a masterpiece line.
    The so called reboot isn’t a reboot as it is purely non accuracy and inconsistent across the masterpiece line in going toy accuracy or anime accuracy.

The scale I am fine, is the quality I am not fine. I never liked mp-10 and despite buying both versions they never satisfied me in many ways. There are toy companies that reissue the toy and will make substantial changes to make it relevant or at least better but I find TT just reissue them as they are .

Now with the update pictures it looks more decent.

I actually saw a painted version of v3 as in the real toy just not sure if it’s legit. The cannon looks a lot better and different than the ones we see.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I actually saw a painted version of v3 as in the real toy just not sure if it’s legit.
    Good chance that would have been one of the many digi-bashes floating around giving us a very good idea of what it looks like.

I need to see the robots back, I swear I see a tiny bit of kibble there, as well as in proper color (need to know if the whole thing will be painted or straight plastic colors), I own all mp molds of optimus and while I want to add v3 to the mix I really don't want to encourage TT to think what they did for mp36 to be acceptable (lets face it, paint is amazing but not with the clearances and compromises they had to make)

I won’t talk about other company that made changes to fix.
    Ultimately I feel Megatron is okay but expensive.

The mp-36+ is 27,000jpy and sold out. Calculate gst it comes to a whooping $360 estimate shipped.