Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 23456789101525 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Convoy 3.0 Revealed

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    I won’t talk about other company that made changes to fix.
    Ultimately I feel Megatron is okay but expensive.

The mp-36+ is 27,000jpy and sold out. Calculate gst it comes to a whooping $360 estimate shipped.
    Considering less accessories the price jump on him would be explained by the chrome, now if only shockwave+ had the same excuse, oh boy

With megs he'd have been fine in plastic or least with tolerances that wouldn't let paint chipping be an issue, the whole silencer thing was stupid let alone the rest

bowspearer Guest

The masterpiece line is a masterpiece line.
    Yes and no. Yes the name and numbering suggest that, but the compatibility tells a different story.

The reality is that absolutely everything from MP-01 to MP-07 was actually an adjunct to the Binar[y]tech[nology] line (and yes, I still maintain that Binaltech is wrong because it doesn't mesh with the Japanese marketting gimmick of meshing 2 English words together to come up with some cool name - eg BigWest). In fact MP-02's cardboard trailer and MP-04's trailer were designed to be compatible with Binartech vehicles.

Then you get to MP-12 to current, where it has clearly been designed to be compatible with itself alone as a wider toyline.

MP-11 fits with they scale of MP-12 onwards, so it could be said to be part of the same line.

MP-08 to MP-10 however are a different story. They don't fit with the cartoon accuracy of the later figures, such as in the case of MP-10, but they are also too small for MP-01 - MP-07. As such, they could also be regarded as a shortlived soft reboot in and of themselves. In fact I wonder whether a case could be made for them actually serving as an adjunct to the Alternity Line (repurposing Alternity Convoy to Ginrai to make it all fit neatly).

Doesn’t sound like TT had any sort of long term plan with the Masterpiece line and were releasing figures based on whatever reasons. But since MP10 they’ve focussed on scale, and about MP22 (Ultra Magnus) on cartoon “detail”. Hence we’re back to V3 Optimus.

I didn’t start collecting the Masterpiece line (starting with Hasbro Starscream) based on slavish cartoon accuracy but have learnt to live with the evolution of the series. I really wish we get a new character soon though.

Would be happy with more of the missing car autobots than a brand new Optimus

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    Doesn’t sound like TT had any sort of long term plan with the Masterpiece line and were releasing figures based on whatever reasons. But since MP10 they’ve focussed on scale, and about MP22 (Ultra Magnus) on cartoon “detail”. Hence we’re back to V3 Optimus.

I didn’t start collecting the Masterpiece line (starting with Hasbro Starscream) based on slavish cartoon accuracy but have learnt to live with the evolution of the series. I really wish we get a new character soon though.
    absolutely, I just dont want to see 2019>
    Wheeljack +
    Magnus +
    Optimus V3 Namisis
    Ironhide black
    Ratchet green
    MP 36 Gold magtron

Long due items that people waited:
    Trailbreaker
    Hoist
    Hound
    Jazz
    Mirage
    Insecticons < I mean come on how hard?
    Reflector
    Blaster

I am sure there is more but yeah either we die of old age waiting.

Wheeljack +
    Magnus +
    Optimus V3 Namisis
    Ironhide black
    Ratchet green
    MP 36 Gold magtron

Trailbreaker
    Hoist
    Hound
    Jazz
    Mirage
    Reflector
    Blaster

I hear ya, Drifand! It seems the molds need to be milked for all their worth in order to product new products...

Quote Originally Posted by ZoonMaster5000 View Post
    My main concern is the rising prices on mp’s if this goes over $300 I’ll have to seriously think about whether I get 2 or not
    HAHA, first world problems!

I'm yet to form an opinion about this prime. I don't think I need it, and I'm not sure I want it.

I still am looking forward to other G1 characters, especially Jazz. I just hope the vehicle mode for Jazz is realistic like the existing car bots. and the robot mode can have the wings up like the toy.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Wheeljack +
    Magnus +
    Optimus V3 Namisis
    Ironhide black
    Ratchet green
    MP 36 Gold magtron

Trailbreaker
    Hoist
    Hound
    Jazz
    Mirage
    Reflector
    Blaster

Sad that I, among others, have gone the 3P route to fill our gaps. Funny that each one of those I have done so.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Sad that I, among others, have gone the 3P route to fill our gaps. Funny that each one of those I have done so.
    Same, and I actually didn't want to go 3P.

But anyway, I want to see the V3 Optimus in colours, not digibash of course.

I've gone completely third party now as:
    1. I'm sick and tired of the never ending redecos
    2. Pricing for the new MPs are skyrocketing beyond my comfort zone for responsible hobby collecting as a family man
    3. Quality control ain't what it used to be
    4. I dislike the smaller scale

Back to Prime, looks decent but it would have been better if they worked on something else entirely.
    This kinda makes me really concerned that they'll start reworking all the other characters already released as masterpieces... that was what really ticked me off when they dropped the scale/size with the 2nd MP Op... now there's a third version. Sheesh.