• Only if cheap

3 30.00%
  • Only if (something else)

0 0%
  • No

2 20.00%
  • Not even interested

3 30.00%

Thread: Toy Review - Cyberverse Shockwave (Warrior)

Default Toy Review - Cyberverse Shockwave (Warrior)

SHOCKWAVE
    Series - Cyberverse
    Size/class - Warrior
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - 1
    Released here - Yes (8/2018)
    Approximate Retail Price - $32
    Approximate Size - 14cm
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode - Spider tank
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Wave Cannon
    Main Colours - purple
    Main Accessories - None

Spider-Tank Mode
    You're either gonna love or hate this mode, depending on how you feel about scifi Spider Tanks. I'm quite a fan of Spider-Tanks and this is a pretty good Spider-Tank mode. But if you're not a Spider-Tank fan then this is pretty much just the robot mode crawling on its hands and feet with a gun on its back. But as far as Spider-Tank modes go, this one's pretty good.

Robot Mode
    With 12 points of articulation Shockwave by far as the best robot mode of the Wave 1 Cyberverse Warriors. For some odd reason it lacks head articulation, so I wouldn't go so far as to say that this figure is exceptionally good compared to other TF lines, but as far as Cyberverse goes Shockwave is the strongest. While the toy is predominantly purple, it is also well accentuated with pink highlights throughout the toy. I also like how the lower legs have faux gun grips and

The Wave Cannon gimmick is pretty lame and unnecessary. The two wrinkled pink cannons that deploy look more like adult toys (ahem). I'm not a fan of the permanent frowny face on Shockwave. Why is an emotionless robot frowning?

Shockwave's Function is "Twisted Scientist." This is a clever reference to the design of the Spider-Tank mode which makes it look like as if Shockwave is playing a game of Twister. ^indicative of the condescending tone of the Cyberverse line, both in terms of the toys and canon.

Overall
    It's an okay toy. By far the best of the Cyberverse Warriors so far, but that's not saying much. There's only one other Deluxe Class Shockwave that we can compare this toy with, and IMO this figure isn't as well made as Fall of Cybertron Shockwave, although it does have a more robust looking robot mode. Mildly recommended.

PHOTOS

Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 5th August 2018 at 12:02 AM.

My thoughts on this toy are the same across the whole of this line - they all look horribly cheap and simplistic, and not even remotely worth the RRP. While I appreciate your reviews on this line Goktimus, I kinda feel like you’ve taken a bullet for the rest of us - did you actually purchase them? I looked at all these in package and I can’t imagine anyone thinking they were worth buying, even die-hard fans.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

It's not everyday I encounter spider-tanks and this toy looks like the only worthwhile toy in the line but paying $25 to $30 for this is unreasonable by my standards. I'd prefer it at $20.

The tank mode is a joke. I am far happier with my near Voyager sized Hasbro Shockwave . I can't remember whether the line was Cyberverse orGenerations (the one like Authentics but way bigger) but Aus retailers wouldn't stock it. Far bigger, better value for big and little kids alike
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    While I appreciate your reviews on this line Goktimus, I kinda feel like you’ve taken a bullet for the rest of us - did you actually purchase them?
    Yep. I purchased these toys.

Takin' one (or four) for the team.

If I come across them in the shops I’m going to get this figure and the Ultra Grimlock. Possibly Ultra Starscream if he is heavily discounted. The rest of the line looks crap.

Bot mode scales well with other deluxe figures (I compared it to CHUG Starscream).

I really didn't like the alt mode, so I took the cannon off the back and painted the hand and cannon barrel violet. The search continues for a hose.

And if I figure out how to open the torso up I'll try give him some head articulation.