Thread: Wave 3 Cyber Battalions out (Shockwave & Sideswipe)

Default Wave 3 Cyber Battalions out (Shockwave & Sideswipe)

Cyber Battalions (and the larger Cyber Commanders) are a very sporadic range of Transformers toys that don't seem to fit in anywhere, and are very loosely inspired by Gen1 forms.

Wave 1 came out in 2015, and wave 2 came out in 2017... with wave 3 coming out in 2018, the waves are getting closer together.

Cyber Commander (large size - about Leader class size)
    Wave 1 - Optimus (gen1 colour), Bumblebee.
    Wave 2 - Optimus (Movie colour).
    Wave 3? - (unknown - new or re-release)

Cyber Battalion (small size - about Voyager class size)
    Wave 1 - Grimlock, Starscream, Megatron, Bumblebee, Optimus.
    Wave 2 - Prowl, Jetfire.
    Wave 3 - Shockwave, Sideswipe

Shockwave and Sideswipe were found in Taiwan last week, and a first photo of Shockwave can be seen here. (Sideswipe looks more like Windcharger in car mode... but that's the thing about the Cyber Series toys - they aren't intending to be Gen1 homages, just using their forms as a template to work from)

Yay, stuff we won't get

Sideswipe’s alt mode might have been a nod to RID15 Sideswipe.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Official images for Shockwave have leaked from China, with obscuring watermarks.

I think it looks really nice in robot mode, but the alt-mode is flawed... especially with the robot head sitting on top of the jet mode. I hope it is just mis-transformed, and the head folds away.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Official images for Shockwave have leaked from China, with obscuring watermarks.

I think it looks really nice in robot mode, but the alt-mode is flawed... especially with the robot head sitting on top of the jet mode. I hope it is just mis-transformed, and the head folds away.
    Is there anywhere in Australia that stocks this line? I actually really want Shockwave, but without the ebay markup.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Is there anywhere in Australia that stocks this line? I actually really want Shockwave, but without the ebay markup.
    These still haven't come here. A retailer still hasn't wanted them yet.
    I bought mine from toybento about a year ago, as they had 9 of the first 10 released. (looks like they are currently closed for a while)
    Last edited by griffin; 18th March 2018 at 03:46 PM.

I haven't been able to locate an online store that has wave 3.
    Wave 1 and 2 are just re-releases, but perhaps an opportunity for collectors that missed out. They're cheap toys and nearly voyager sized. They shouldn't be this hard to acquire. Jetfire and Prowl have several listings on ebay if anyone is after these. Jetfire in particular is fricking awesome to play with
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Sideswipe and Shockwave have just been found in America, just as some photos of Sideswipe were being post up in China.

The pricing in America is quite good for these figures, which are close to Voyager size, but are being found for what most US stores sell Deluxes at these days ($16-19).