Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MP Grimlock & Thundercracker!?

Botcon HASBRO design panel:

-Masterpiece Grimlock, on short list, it’s a matter of when market will bear it, it’s an anomaly product and hard to get out affordably and en masse
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Botcon HASBRO design panel:

-Masterpiece Grimlock, on short list, it’s a matter of when market will bear it, it’s an anomaly product and hard to get out affordably and en masse
    If they can release 4 leader figures and an Ultimate one, I am pretty sure that they can handle a single Masterpiece.

I don't really get the obsession with Grimlock. I though he was a simple character and a so-so toy. I've read the comics that try and change him but I keep seeing him as a different character (like Optimus Primal vs Optimus Prime).

As for a Masterpiece figure, the others at least look like nice model vehicles (and prohibited weapons ) but what will Grimlock be? A mechanical dinosaur? I think Hasbro is right about whether the market will bear it.

Sure the fans will want it but I'm not sure if Grimlock justifies the Masterpiece line. I would rather see other iconic characters like Cyclonus, Scourge, etc, that is, characters they could not do as an Altenator/Binaltech
    MP-05 legal acquisition process:

www.megatron.net.au

My collection and stuff for sale:

www.csapo.com.au/ttf/tiby'stransformers.htm

A little to the left... a little bit more...

*cough* Masterpiece Soundwave *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    Hear hear!
    MP-05 legal acquisition process:

www.megatron.net.au

My collection and stuff for sale:

www.csapo.com.au/ttf/tiby'stransformers.htm

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    Wikkid had a go at one using a MP Prime as the base but for some reason, it just doesn't seem to work (eg. No Cassettes, the Alt-Mode):

http://forums.tformers.com/talk/inde...howtopic=91489

Yeah. As much as I would like to see MP Soundwave he falls short without his minions.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

I would rather see an MP Grimlock. I loved the Marvel comics character, particularly UK and remember him more as such. I didn't care much for the Cartoon version, particularly Season 3.

I think that a big freaking Dinosaur that transforms into a big freaking robot would fly well with not just fans but kids in general. Look at how popular that Robodinosaur is and imagine how popular it would be if it actually transformed?

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I would rather see an MP Grimlock. I loved the Marvel comics character, particularly UK and remember him more as such. I didn't care much for the Cartoon version, particularly Season 3.
    I concur, as primarily a comic fan Grimlock is IMO one of the more interesting chracters from the TF universe. Grimlock walks between the dark and the light, and posses some major character flaws. For me Next to Optimus he's probably one of the most fleshed out Autobots.

I welcome an MP Grimlock over most others, save MP Shockwave,Galvatron or Scorponok.

And if Hasbro can sell giant robots that turn into planets then I can't see how they'd have a problem with a giant dino.