Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: griffin's random BotCon photos.

Have to get the Animated FAB... Bumper Battlers...

The 2 cosplayers dressed up as Spike and Sparkplug, awesome!

Love the "Hunt of Primal" and the transformable movie Frenzy in art contest.

Thanks for the lovely reports and pics Griffin!

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Cool pics

I don't suppose you managed to snap any of Hound/Ravage and Cyclonus.
    Otherwise can you tell us a bit about them? (Especially Ravage).
    Taking photos wasn't allowed in that presentation, so we will have to wait until Hasbro releases pictures, or the SDCC presentation, which they don't seem to have a problem with photos being taken there.
    Ravage transforms from cassette to panther, like the original, and is supposed to be able to fit into the original Soundwave. For this 2-pack though, Ravage (in cassette mode) plugs onto the back of Hound's jeep mode, similar to an early Gen1 episode. Hound is still an army jeep with missile launcher, and the robot mode looks more like the cartoon version than the Gen1 toy.
    Cyclonus has a rough look of the Gen1 toy, in both modes, but the jet mode looked to me a little distorted in its overal shape.

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Additionally.... just read Decepticon Fracture's ( Classics Mirage repaint)bio at TFW and its positively Crasher of the Gobots given a TF life! Im soo gonna get her... score one more for the fembot shelf !
    Yep, according to the person at Hasbro responsible for this recolour (another fan who got a foot in the door and worked his way into the TFs creative team) wanted this toy to be Crasher, and even tried to get the name for the toy as well. One thing that works against them though is that, even though Hasbro now owns Tonka (who produced Gobots/Machine Men), and can use the names, they can't use story or character elements from Gobots (something to do with Bandai, which is still a rival to Takara).

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    Very nice pics Griffin, do you have any better ones of the Dealers room?
    I do, but it might take a day. I just got home 2 hours ago and have been unpacking, and now just checking the board. The BotCon website usually has photos of the dealer room as well, in their photo gallery pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Burn View Post
    Was there a kitbashing/creativity section this year? Because I haven't seen any mention of it at all. And if there was, did you get pics of them Grif?

-edit-

Nevermind, cheeky bugger answered my question as I was asking it.
    THat's okay, I took photos of just about everything in the art contest display area. I just posted up a few of the more interesting ones in the short amount of time I had left in my computer's battery. As soon as I get myself fully unpacked and settled, I will go through all the rest of my photos and do up a full BotCon report, which might take a day or two.
    I just had a look, and the botcon website has got a full gallery again of the art contest entries:
    http://botcon.com/Botcon08/BC08contests.html
    There wasn't a lot of entries this year, but some nice pieces though.

Hi Griffin, Welcome back and thanks for the great pics!

When it come to Hound and Ravage, how does that work? Is this a 'vs' set or a team double pack set? I am a bit concerned because it feels odd that Ravage plugs into Hound when they are supposed to be on opposite sides.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Welcome back Griffin. Thanks again for all the great info and pics!

Do you have any idea when Hasbro will be releasing images of Hound/Ravage and Cyclonus? I can't wait to see them...

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Taking photos wasn't allowed in that presentation, so we will have to wait until Hasbro releases pictures, or the SDCC presentation, which they don't seem to have a problem with photos being taken there.
    Ravage transforms from cassette to panther, like the original, and is supposed to be able to fit into the original Soundwave. For this 2-pack though, Ravage (in cassette mode) plugs onto the back of Hound's jeep mode, similar to an early Gen1 episode. Hound is still an army jeep with missile launcher, and the robot mode looks more like the cartoon version than the Gen1 toy.
    Thanks, sounds good - some have described it as a "super Ravage".

Did Ravage look something like this:

And I forgot to ask: what does Cheetor look like? Much like Ravage X9?
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Thanks, sounds good - some have described it as a "super Ravage".

Did Ravage look something like this:

And I forgot to ask: what does Cheetor look like? Much like Ravage X9?
    lol He is Super VHS Ravage now. A bit of an upgrade but still behind the times

Welcome back Griffin, I'm sure you just need a holiday from your holiday now.

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Welcome back Griffin !

I'm guessing the cronies were pretty damn strict when it came to ensuring that no one had any type of camera/recording device during the Classics/Animated panels

he's back???!???!!!? quick hide the snacks

the reign of dirge ends