Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Connectivity issues this weekend

Digging up an old topic so that I don't start a new one just for a minor notice - for the last two hours (2.25-4.25 QLD time), the board and domain were offline... and I don't know why, and the host server won't return my calls to find out why.

A problematic server host, but was the only one at the time in Australia who could affordably host a database of our size.
    I'm currently looking for a new Australian host.

I had issues connecting, so decided to go play URF and came back and it was up again.

As many of you would have noticed, tonight we were offline for about five hours... and according to the server host, it was planned maintenance on the server that housed our domain and others... but didn't think to warn us first.

That would probably be our worst outage of that server host, which is motivation enough to track down someone new, even if it costs more than this one.
    It's bad that it keeps going offline every month or two, but it is worse that everytime it goes offline, it is outside of business hours, which means having no one to chase up about it, other than an answering service on the end of an "emergency" after hours number.

Ok, was wondering what happened last night.

I was wondering too, and knowing is half the battle..
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Megatran Guest

Oh OK. So it wasn't Hasbro shutting the site down temporarily to teach us a lesson 'cos of the praise we gave to the Thrilling Thirty Thirty-Two.

At least we have the Facebook page back up again, so that can now be the back-up site in emergencies.

For those trying to log in during the last 90 minutes, one of the domains hosted with mine on the host's sub-server was breached, which shut down all of the host until it could be tracked down and isolated. Since our domain was located with the affected domain, ours was one of the last to be brought back on line.
    A bit of bad luck there, but at least it wasn't a fault caused (directly) by the server this time.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    For those trying to log in during the last 90 minutes, one of the domains hosted with mine on the host's sub-server was breached, which shut down all of the host until it could be tracked down and isolated. Since our domain was located with the affected domain, ours was one of the last to be brought back on line.
    A bit of bad luck there, but at least it wasn't a fault caused (directly) by the server this time.
    yeah I was wondering why I couldn't get on...
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

I'm not sure if this is related, but ever since the downtime, the site hangs when I try to post a reply (via quick reply) to a thread. I've tried on 2 different computers in 2 different cities (home and work) But, the post does show up afterwards. This doesn't happen with PM's though. Anyone else experiencing this?