Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How is Siege Sixgun compatible with Titan Metroplex?

Really, if they were after a catch-all term then 'Legacy' seems best to me. JMO.

Meh, as fans we can just call the whole thing "Classics" even if Hasbro hasn't explicitly marketed it as so, although "CHUG" seems to have taken off.

Besides, the term "Generation 1" was used as an unofficial fan term for all pre-G2 Transformers for a good 7 years until it entered official usage. But we always knew what "G1" meant even though actual G1 era stuff was never branded as "Generation 1"

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I know plenty of people who have had no contact with the franchise since the 80s view 84/85 as G1 and 86 and beyond as G2. It wouldn't surprise me if that was where the term originates and was picked up more formally when there was an actual G2.

I actually numbered the production waves G1-G5.

G1=Optimus and Megatron Era.
    G2=Combiners Era.
    G3= Rodimus and Galvatron Era.
    G4= Headmasters, Targetmasters, Powermasters, Pretenders Era.
    G5 = Turbomasters, Predacons and whatever else was released as Hasbro's last design phase.

Officially, G2 was when they re-released some of the G1 toys with a G2 symbol and repainted most of the Combiners in new colors.
    Anyone remember Bruticus in garish camouflage colors?

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I've been referring to CHUG as generations for several years now, as the original acronym has lost it's meaning and really there are multiple generations of characters represented in the various product lines, from G1, modern computer games, Beast wars, and coming this year, representations of RID magnus, convoy I think and some star convoy that I don't really know about.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Meh, as fans we can just call the whole thing "Classics" even if Hasbro hasn't explicitly marketed it as so, although "CHUG" seems to have taken off.

Besides, the term "Generation 1" was used as an unofficial fan term for all pre-G2 Transformers for a good 7 years until it entered official usage. But we always knew what "G1" meant even though actual G1 era stuff was never branded as "Generation 1"
    Yeah, either ‘Classicsverse’ or more appropriately ‘Generations’. CHUG doesn’t really work anymore.

Just like I personally think we should use ‘Movieverse’ rather than ‘Bayverse’ since there has been more than one director now. To be honest I never liked the term ‘Bayverse’ anyway, gave him too much credit. Not like the sod knew how to design a CG Long Haul or anything