Thread: TF2 plot premise? (spoilers, if true)

Default TF2 plot premise? (spoilers, if true)

Posted on tfw2005, by someone verifying the recent TF2 posters by the official material that came with it, this could well be the plot premise to the sequel, as it fits with the bits so far leaked relating to the Egyptian theme.

The guy that owns the comic store gets comic book movie posters to put out for upcoming movies...it says TF2-Fallen on the side of the box and says do not display till Feb.... NOW the Fallen could be talking about the movie title right?Well we are getting 2 other movie posters in Feb on our order sheet with TF2-Prime and TF2-JFire as the poster id's...also the TF2-Fallen display came with a id card that said something like this "The Fallen was one of the 1st Transformers that came to earth to enslave after being outcasted by his rulers he was hailed as a god but later was enslaved in a Egyptian pyramid and lies asleep UNDER the pyramid waiting till it's time to get his revenge"
    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...fallen-166573/

If that info is true, I think movie critics could end up focussing on its similarities to Stargate, instead of any 'originality' that a sequel hopes to at least acheive from its first movie. It's bad enough that it could just be viewed as 'another robot violence movie', it is also likely to be viewed as a copy-cat plot idea.

I remain positive. This could still work better than expected.

As soon as I saw the Egyptian writing it was what I was expecting. I still have positive expectations. Wondering how they end up in Egypt if that is the case.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Egypt, sweet!

Shades of Yu-Gi-Oh about this, methinks. At least they aren't playing card games to determine the fate of the universe yet...

Of course, maybe it will have ANCIENT EGYPTIAN LASER BEAMS!!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverDragon View Post
    Egypt, sweet!

Shades of Yu-Gi-Oh about this, methinks. At least they aren't playing card games to determine the fate of the universe yet...

Of course, maybe it will have ANCIENT EGYPTIAN LASER BEAMS!!
    Bring on the laser beams i say!
    -----------------------------------------------
    Collecting transformers- a good way to get poor
    Transformer count= too many

Currently in search of:
    G1 goodness

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    If that info is true, I think movie critics could end up focussing on its similarities to Stargate, instead of any 'originality' that a sequel hopes to at least acheive from its first movie. It's bad enough that it could just be viewed as 'another robot violence movie', it is also likely to be viewed as a copy-cat plot idea.
    True. It also makes the Fallen's backstory sound somewhat similar to that of Blood from Masterforce (which means Transformers technically had like-minded ideas six years before Stargate. Not that the reviewers are going to realise that.)

Maybe the writers really are fans, and just copied the Masterforce idea instead of copying the Stargate idea...

Just thought about having a transforming pyramid (a pyramid with limbs sticking out), and the old 'Robo Capers - transformations that didn't work' came to mind...

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

Just thought about having a transforming pyramid (a pyramid with limbs sticking out).
    What about a transforming Sphinx?
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503