Page 332 of 467 FirstFirst ... 312322327328329330331332333334335336337342352 ... LastLast
Results 3,311 to 3,320 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

Titanfall 2's reviews look good (on PS4 at least), but I'm still not sold on it. I had a fun first month or so with the first Titanfall at launch on Xbox One then it just got boring, really boring.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/plays...critic-reviews
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

And Civ 6's reviews seem off the charts. Might be best for productivity to avoid that game for now.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/si...critic-reviews
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    The Nintendo Switch is something that I'm warming up to more and more, it seems so accommodating. For example, if my best mate can buy just the dock so I can bring my Switch for some Mario Kart shenanigans on his TV for bourbon night I'll buy it day one.

I would have a second dock in my computer room so I can pick up the switch from the living room and transition to the monitor without suspending play that's something I will utilise a lot. I'm loving the possibilities of this.
    I was thinking that too. It Will be interesting to see where they go with this. I fear that a key thing will be pricing. Will people be willing to fork out like $700 on it? Depending on specs, t$500? It doesn't look like much (bulk wise) so it might be a tough sell if too expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I was thinking that too. It Will be interesting to see where they go with this. I fear that a key thing will be pricing. Will people be willing to fork out like $700 on it? Depending on specs, t$500? It doesn't look like much (bulk wise) so it might be a tough sell if too expensive.
    It better not be anymore than $400. $350 would be ideal.

They're gonna have a nasty time pricing it that's for sure

Just looking at EB Games now...
    - $350 for PS4 with Fallout
    - $398 for XB1 with Doom & Battlefield 1
    - $559 for PS4Pro

But the real kickers are these ones
    - $428 for Wii U with Mario Maker and Nintendoland (Nintendo branded coaster)
    - $248 for New 3DS XL

Being more powerful than a Wii U but less powerful than PS4 & XB1...people will simultaneously expect it to cost more than Wii U's $428, but less than PS4's $350. And mostly resembling a handheld, plenty of casuals will be expecting almost half that, in the vicinity of 3DS, no matter how ludicrous a thought that is.

They only have themselves to blame though, the price of their current hardware is all kinds of messed up. I paid $300 for my Wii U, and $350 for my 3DS on launch day for gods sake!

A high price, confirmation on the deadbeat battery, and if they're stupid enough to actually launch with mostly Wii U ports... this thing will be dead on arrival.

ok, so looking in my Steam items list, it seems I've got an extra license for Half Life 2 and HL2: Episode 2 from when I bought the "Orange Box" bundle to get Ep2 back in the day. Anyone want them?

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    They're gonna have a nasty time pricing it that's for sure

Just looking at EB Games now...
    - $350 for PS4 with Fallout
    - $398 for XB1 with Doom & Battlefield 1
    - $559 for PS4Pro

But the real kickers are these ones
    - $428 for Wii U with Mario Maker and Nintendoland (Nintendo branded coaster)
    - $248 for New 3DS XL

Being more powerful than a Wii U but less powerful than PS4 & XB1...people will simultaneously expect it to cost more than Wii U's $428, but less than PS4's $350. And mostly resembling a handheld, plenty of casuals will be expecting almost half that, in the vicinity of 3DS, no matter how ludicrous a thought that is.

They only have themselves to blame though, the price of their current hardware is all kinds of messed up. I paid $300 for my Wii U, and $350 for my 3DS on launch day for gods sake!

A high price, confirmation on the deadbeat battery, and if they're stupid enough to actually launch with mostly Wii U ports... this thing will be dead on arrival.
    Definitely keen to see how they price it. Considering that when I showed it to a work colleague yesterday, his first comment was (because he has 2 kids) "So I'm going to have to buy 2?".

If that is the thought process of most parents, anything over $300 is going to really work against Nintendo.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Anything over $350 will mean parents also comparing it to Ipads, which won't do nintendo any favours.

Nintendo are generally rubbish with pricing no matter what. I always get nintendo vouchers from the in laws to purchase games at xmas and I hate that the eshop prices for a download only game that they never had to pay to get transported, delivered, onto shelves etc costs $20 more than if I walked into JB or Big W and bought it off the shelf.

I love my WiiU but I feel jipped with how WiiU owners were treated and the tiny amount of support. I'll be holding out on a Switch until I see it is more than just a Matriokart, Smash Bros and Legend of Zelda console.

Then again, I still have Shadows of Mordor and Tromb Raider to start on the PS4 and Xenoverse 2 comes out this week and I know I want to spend lots of time on it and the Star Wars Force Awakens lego game, so may never get time to think about the Switch!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Definitely keen to see how they price it. Considering that when I showed it to a work colleague yesterday, his first comment was (because he has 2 kids) "So I'm going to have to buy 2?".

If that is the thought process of most parents, anything over $300 is going to really work against Nintendo.
    Heh, maybe their marketing wasn't as clear as everyone thinks if that's the case... cause he only needs the one - assuming his kids are ok huddling around a 6" screen that is. At least the Joycons will fit nicely in their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Heh, maybe their marketing wasn't as clear as everyone thinks if that's the case... cause he only needs the one - assuming his kids are ok huddling around a 6" screen that is. At least the Joycons will fit nicely in their hands.
    Only while they are out and about, once back at home they can place the screen away and play on the tv again.

Not sure the video gets that message through well either...
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)