Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EB game Fall of Cybertron Promotion

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    $61.99 from Ozgameshop FTW Not paying nearly $20 extra for a poster...
    Its $20 for a poster and $15+ worth of downloadable content you don't get from Ozgameshop.

You could probably get it for $59 when it comes out (or soon after) from JB. But if you want the Downloadable Content it's all about even.

I'm going to preorder from EB because I have a gift card gathering dust.

Sounds great and all but DLC doesn't interest me in the slightest. Besides, I don't see how unlockable characters, skins, avatars, and extra weapons translates to $15 + worth of value when it doesn't even add up to a quarter of the on-disc content.

I'm more interested in what comes with the game rather than what can be downloaded on the street date or in 6 months time. Also, if it sells enough copies, a GOTY version will come out including all content on-disc. For me to consider buying that though, there would have to be enough extras that completely changes the dynamics of the gameplay (which is why I never bothered with MK9 Komplete Edition). To each their own I guess.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Sounds great and all but DLC doesn't interest me in the slightest. Besides, I don't see how unlockable characters, skins, avatars, and extra weapons translates to $15 + worth of value when it doesn't even add up to a quarter of the on-disc content.
    I agree that DLC is usually more expensive than its worth in comparison to a whole game (which is why I have not downloaded both WFC download packs which are about $15 each IIRC).

What I was just trying to get across was that it's not $20 for just a poster and it's a good deal if you do want either bonus.
    Last edited by Paulbot; 25th June 2012 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    78 shmackalackers. or dollars as they are also known as.

Cheaper than JB hifi, which has it listed as 89 Spondoolicks.
    Yeah but what is the exchange rate between shmackalackers and Spondoolicks?
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Yeah but what is the exchange rate between shmackalackers and Spondoolicks?
    Luckily due to the issues with the European Moolah, they are at parity

I like this game

I recently bought WFC for PS3 real cheap to see if I get used to playing it with the controller. That way I will be properly informed on what FOC release to buy when the time comes based on which platform gave me the best gaming experience.

Don't think it needs a new thread of it's own, or even if it has been posted, so I will post it in here.

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron G1 Optimus Prime trailer featuring Stan Bush's "The Touch"

I love how they made it look like the iconic scene from the G1 movie. Gave me goosebumps

(I noticed Hound in the video too, I didn't even know he was going to make an appearance)

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Don't think it needs a new thread of it's own, or even if it has been posted, so I will post it in here.

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron G1 Optimus Prime trailer featuring Stan Bush's "The Touch"

I love how they made it look like the iconic scene from the G1 movie. Gave me goosebumps

(I noticed Hound in the video too, I didn't even know he was going to make an appearance)
    It was an awesomely well executed piece of 3D Animation, oh the possibilities of a HD Animation Upgrade to G1... Oh hi Beast Wars!

Looks like NZ is getting the same EB-Games bonus content as we are getting in Australia (noted in the 3rd post above). Just not sure if they are getting the extra Bumblebee avatar for Xbox like in Australia.

The Americans are noting (rather angrily) that we are getting all the bonus content in one offer, while they have to chose between several retailers to just get one or two items from that pack. But what they don't realise is that we pay more for our games, and we don't have the same amount of competition between retailers here... so if EB Games was the only outlet who wanted a bonus item promotion, then they are likely to get access to everything.
    Means less stuff for us to buy later in the PSN/Xbox stores (if you pre-order through EB-Games that is).

I missed the news where G2 Bruticus was included in the Australian EB bonus content but it's good news. I preordered today.