Thread: Help please: sdcc band set dimensions

Default Help please: sdcc band set dimensions

I have been tracking 2 parcels from the us, and one was returned by auspost as prohibited. One was MP-10b with chroma and arcee, the other sdcc band with another chromia and arcee.

Seeming mp10 has no batteries or anything, all I can think is the dimensions of the band set being outside auspost size limits.... Does anyone have a set they can size up for me?

I had the Rockband set sent in the same box as the Dinobot set, by the USPS (through Australia Post)... so size shouldn't be an issue.

Not sure why either box would be rejected, unless they put in something else as a freebie that they shouldn't have, or declared it wrong.
    When the sender gets it, see if there is anything noted on the box as to why it was rejected.

I had mine shipped by the ebay GSP, so it wasn't EMS as required for large items but rather regular speed mail by FEDEX and Aus Post and I had no issue.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I enquired to Hasbro US directly and they informed me that shipping weight and dimensions were:

21" x 9 1/4" x 6 1/4 " and weighs approx.. 9.5 lbs.

I put those numbers into the USPS postage calculator and it was going to cost about $100 for a friend to ship it if I bought it. there was no mention of size restrictions. there is info on the auspost website about shipping size restrictions it's been a while but I think the volume limit is pretty big.

I'd definitely follow this up to get an explanation as to why it's been considered a prohibited item.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I just put thos values into the website too..., with the part inches rounded up....

Priority Mail International®More info about Priority Mail International®
    Max. length 42", max. length plus girth 97"

6 - 10 business days to many major markets1,2

Standard $80.75

Online Price $71.32

Pic he sent of the mailing label shows $66.36 as the cost to ship... near enough isn't it?

Well thank you AusPost!!!!

the reason for the prohibition has been written on the box... and sea mailed back to sender!!!

They keep ZERO record of why.... and now I have an eternity to find out what happened.

And it's sent back dirt cheap, no tracking, nothing.

That is pretty poor form.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Well the origional tracking on the trip back activated when it hit America again on the 7th, and looks like it just got delivered to my mate in America....

Time for Take 2!