Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: List of Australian Collectable Fairs/Conventions

No I didn't go I didn't have time at the moment. The KO sellers are probably the common ones that are usually there. Any boxed G1 TFs you saw there were likely the KO ones (unless you meant Reissues/Encore etc). There's sometimes another seller with G1 parts but never that many TFs for sale, but lots of other toy lines for those collectors who are into other things. However you do sometimes get the odd good TF find.

^^^ totally agree with U.Magnus...

the lady with the fake dinobots gave me her card, her shop is somewhere near eaglemont station or something? not that i'd buy off her...she blatantly sells ko's.

at the other stall, i was looking at a loose G1 thundercracker, asked how much....told $90. upon closer inpection i realised it was a reissue, then when i quizzed the dude.....all of a sudden it was $45.

dissappointing for the most part, but i was happy with a couple of things though...

* i was able to spot a whole bunch of ko's
    * i could differentiate reissue vs G1 loose toys
    * i could tell everything was massively overpriced
    * my wife and i had a nice little stroll around....

janda

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMagnus View Post
    I did... what a shocker.
    There was 2 stalls selling transformers. 1 was selling KO Dinobots for $170 each.
    Another store was selling boxed G1s for over $350 as well as loose items.

Too expensive and generally a waste of money. I think you will get more choice on ebay and ozformers.
    Huh thats what I guessed so I stayed at home! ha the KO Dino's - if you see them again ask them what a bommander is and see what they say

Quote Originally Posted by janda the red View Post

the lady with the fake dinobots gave me her card, her shop is somewhere near eaglemont station or something? not that i'd buy off her...she blatantly sells ko's.

at the other stall, i was looking at a loose G1 thundercracker, asked how much....told $90. upon closer inpection i realised it was a reissue, then when i quizzed the dude.....all of a sudden it was $45.

dissappointing for the most part, but i was happy with a couple of things though...

janda
    Ha nice janda, we should try and be organised and maybe organise a meet there next time.

yeah....i'd be up for that, be good to meet a few people

Is there anything that can be done with those people that sell KOs or reissues as G1 etc at these stalls? Like banning them from the events?

Perth is lame

Anyone know of any more that are coming up in your area? I am keen to keep this list up to date for anyone that wishes to attend these events.

bowspearer Guest

janda
    Please tell me that isn't the shop underneath the ramp up to Eaglemont Station that also sells Millitaria. I so then I majorly dodged a bullet there.

^ i haven't been there... but i assume its one in the same.

what did you nearly buy?

janda

bowspearer Guest

^ i haven't been there... but i assume its one in the same.

what did you nearly buy?

janda
    Dinobots and Insecticons lol