Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: DOTM unanswered and answered questions (lots of spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by LordCyrusOmega View Post
    Why were the Wreckers Nascars? It doesn't make a whole lot of sense and for all the hype they didn't have much screen time in alt mode.
    Which is odd for Transformer movies
    Again this is explained in the novel. They continue to belittle the NASA Engineer until he starts crying at which point Epps puts the Daytona 500 on a TV. They stop work and start watching it. Epps explains to Sam it's like catnip to them and they keep it on constant loop.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Ohh ok. only have the first 2 comics. Should probably get the others.

Okay, if there were only a few autobots left on the planet (I can't remember whether it was 5 or 7, some number they quoted) does that mean that we
    can definitely, positively, absolutely CONFIRM that the twins died some horrible agonising death somewhere between TF2 and 3?

Because that would like totally make my day.

Secondly, what on earth happened to the other autobots, and if they were functioning why on earth didn't they show up at the end to help optimus.

But my most pressing and desperate question is why the hell did people climb buildings and leap out of plains only to sail down to the ground, then do it all again. Was their any actual 'plot' reason for doing that, or was it just to show off 3D? Because I saw the movie, and I still don't understand the last half.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Jetfire was an Autobot who transformed into a military vehicle. Ditto Landmine, Comettor and arguably Brawn and Outback.
    I would place Comettor more as a moon buggy, with the DotM concept including a lunar landing, the white and gold 'astronaut' scheme, planet and stars on the door, and bundled with Starimus Prime. Did anyone else notice RotF Brawns alt mode in the NEST hangar? Kinda cool, me thoughted =o)

But more to actual question, I think scanning military flight vehicles would deem them 'war-like' or 'willing to make war' to the newcomers, confusing them on the Autobot cause. And as far as any non-military flight vehicles go, lets face it, military gets all the cool sh*t =oP In other words, the vast majority of non-weaponised aircraft aren't fast enough or agile enough be of much use against the Decepticons (Cessna vs. Raptor anyone?). Also, as someone else mentioned, it is characteristic of the Decepticons to be, erm, deceptive =oP So for the 'bots to scan war machines when peace and unity is their goal, you have further cause for people to hate on Bayverse for giving the good guys a deceptive or hypocritical tone. So I think sticking to the sexy sports cars for the good guys is easier for the general populace to make sense of.

Please have a listen to my songs. Feel free to comment if you wish, any constructive feedback is appreciated =o)

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Okay, if there were only a few autobots left on the planet (I can't remember whether it was 5 or 7, some number they quoted) does that mean that we
    can definitely, positively, absolutely CONFIRM that the twins died some horrible agonising death somewhere between TF2 and 3?
    I'll guess not, the writers originally said if it didn't happen on screen it didn't happen. Like Barricade, he came back despite supporting fiction killing him off.
    Plus the Twins actually appear in the film, albeit super briefly. And NEST didn't even bother counting Brains & Wheelie as part of the 9 Autobots booted off the planet. So like the think they lived muahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    I simply have to assume that flight is extremely difficult for Bayformers.
    This would explain a few things: A weakened Megatron could no longer fly so needed a land based vehicle. Starscream never had an army of seekers. Why the Deceticons needed to pilot flying assault craft rather than transform into flying assault craft. Why the Decepticon armies in ROTF and DOTM were never in the air.

It does point out another question I wondered about. How did Soundwave and Megatron get back to the US from Africa so easily/quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    In the novel it is explained that it is Sentinel's weapon. One shot rusts a robot apart.
    I assumed it was a "Cosmic Rust" gun.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    What the hell do Q and Brains transform into?
    Q was one of the cars in the raids at the start of the movie I believe. Brains transformed into a laptop, (well we saw him transform from a laptop and say how he'd just downloaded a bunch of info).

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    Plus the Twins actually appear in the film, albeit super briefly. And NEST didn't even bother counting Brains & Wheelie as part of the 9 Autobots booted off the planet. So like the think they lived muahahaha!
    Wheelie and Brains weren't Autobots, Wheelie called them political refugees or something. And seeing that they were allowed to live with Sam they obviously fell under the radar. Or NEST didn't want former Decepticons having access to their base (fair enough).

Jolt's missing too. Maybe Jolt and the twins left on some off planet mission in between films? If the twins had been included and killed in that scene with Ironhide it would've ruined it, turning it in to a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I assumed it was a "Cosmic Rust" gun.

They were meant to die with Ironhide, but I think it was changed late to make the scene more dramatic and shocking. See, if the Twins were killed off then as well in the final cut, the audience would be cheering or even happy about their deaths, losing the significance of the moment.
    It's a pity that that part of the scene was cut, but I agree that it was better that only Ironhide died.

r they quoted) does that mean that we

Secondly, what on earth happened to the other autobots, and if they were functioning why on earth didn't they show up at the end to help optimus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot
    Jolt's missing too. Maybe Jolt and the twins left on some off planet mission in between films? If the twins had been included and killed in that scene with Ironhide it would've ruined it, turning it in to a joke.
    + Twins: killed by Shockwave during DotM (it's in the comic adaptation - and the film doesn't contradict this )
    + Jolt: killed by Shockwave before events in DotM (Rising Storm)
    + Elita-1: killed by Shockwave in Rising Storm. Chromia and Arcee survived but are MIA.

Galloway was killed by Shockwave too, which was kinda unfortunately because after the events of RotF Galloway had a big change of heart and actually became supportive of NEST and the Autobots. He wasn't terribly competent, but at least his heart was in the right place. Then Shockwave came and disintegrated him!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd
    But my most pressing and desperate question is why the hell did people climb buildings and leap out of plains only to sail down to the ground, then do it all again. Was their any actual 'plot' reason for doing that, or was it just to show off 3D? Because I saw the movie, and I still don't understand the last half.
    The people leaping out of planes were troops trying to get into the city via airdrop. The membrane suits seem to offer them greater stooping speed and manoeuvrability than parachutes.

The people climbing the buildings were Sam, Epps and his homies - their objective was to rescue Carly, then they wanted to get to high ground to get a clear shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaisun View Post
    I would place Comettor more as a moon buggy, with the DotM concept including a lunar landing, the white and gold 'astronaut' scheme, planet and stars on the door, and bundled with Starimus Prime.
    STAR CONVOY'D!

Anyway, while the packaging may claim that Comettor is a lunar buggy, he is in fact a modified armour-plated Chenowth DPV (Desert Patrol Vehicle)... with a mounted cannon. And combustion engines and guns don't work in a vacuum. Unless it's been modified with an electric motor and... um... a laser cannon?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaisun
    Did anyone else notice RotF Brawns alt mode in the NEST hangar? Kinda cool, me thoughted =o)
    Wasn't that vehicle already in ROTF? Like the scene on the NEST island base where Ravage and Reedman steal the shard. I thought Brawn's alt mode was based on the vehicles seen there.

It definitely couldn't have been Brawn as he was killed by - you guessed it - Shockwave.

Also, as someone else mentioned, it is characteristic of the Decepticons to be, erm, deceptive =oP So for the 'bots to scan war machines when peace and unity is their goal, you have further cause for people to hate on Bayverse for giving the good guys a deceptive or hypocritical tone.
    The Autobots happily use deception too -- that's the whole reason why they transform as robots in disguise. I'm quite sure that when the Witwickies purchased Bumblebee, they thought they were buying an old Camaro and not an alien robot!

So I think sticking to the sexy sports cars for the good guys is easier for the general populace to make sense of.
    Not to mention sponsorship from General Motors. And hey, it is also reminiscent of the very first year of G1 where all the Autobots were automobiles and the Decepticons would transform into weaponry (gun, jet fighters) or instruments for espionage (microcassette recorder, tapes - movie Frenzy was able to sneak aboard Air Force One as a CD player and right into Sector 7 as a mobile phone)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    It does point out another question I wondered about. How did Soundwave and Megatron get back to the US from Africa so easily/quickly.
    The same way Sam was able to walk from Petra to Giza in a matter of hours on foot?

As G1 cartoon writer David Wise would say, "Engage the Balonium Drive!"