Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Rogue One

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Squeeeeee!

Interesting to see that Genevieve O'Reilly is reprising her role as Mon Mothma (who she previously played in Revenge of the Sith), although she looks and sounds a lot more like the original here.

Donnie Yen's character's line of, "All is as the Force wills it," is interesting. Does this mean that he's a Force user? Former Jedi? Or something else? Because we know that many in the Star Wars universe believe in the Force even if they are not Force users (which makes sense since the Force binds all living things, but only a select few possess the ability to manipulate it). If he is a Jedi then this would be an interesting gesture, because Obi-Wan Kenobi was originally intended to be of Asian appearance. George Lucas initially envisioned Mifune Toshiro playing the role of Obi-Wan Kenobi (even the Jedi's name phonologically sounds Japanese), but Mifune declined believing that Star Wars would be a flop (as most people did before it came out), thus the role went to Sir Alec Guiness. So the possibility of seeing an Asian Jedi may be a slight nod to the initially intended ethnic appearance for ol' Obi-Wan. Or maybe I'm just clutching at straws here (yeah, probably).

I also liked seeing the Death Star "upside down," as there really is no concept of up or down in space anyway (or at best it's subjective).
    is that the stick guy? if so then yes he is force sensitive but not a jedi, it has been confirmed earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    some nice epic looking shots there. i really want to see them on the big screen!

latest preview from last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC9abcLLQpI

Is it just me (maybe it is!) but is Jyn Erso insanely beautiful? Those poster shots are just gorgeous, and it's almost enough to make me want to buy a Hot Toys version of her when she's released.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Is it just me (maybe it is!) but is Jyn Erso insanely beautiful? Those poster shots are just gorgeous, and it's almost enough to make me want to buy a Hot Toys version of her when she's released.
    Nope not just you, Felicity Jones has a certain radiance, I noticed that in her minor role in the terrible Amazing Spiderman 2, and then there was The Theory of Everything which demonstrates she has much talent for acting too.

I'm probably going to pass, on the action figure though.

Ok, so who went to the midnight release showings?
    I sure did.
    Thought it was fan-bloody-tastic. I really, really enjoyed it. More than Force Awakens.

Not going to discuss anything coz, you know... spoilers and all.

Cant wait to see it again!
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

I saw midnight screening.

That ONE epic nerdgasm scene. That scene alone = WORTH!

Quote Originally Posted by ITZTRU View Post
    I saw midnight screening.

That ONE epic nerdgasm scene. That scene alone = WORTH!
    Also went to a midnight screening. I adored the final act of the movie!

Saw it this afternoon with my 7yo. Really liked it and was great the way it finished up... that CGI though... yikes.

The one scene, and you'll know the one I mean if you've seen it, is just about the coolest two minutes in any movie ever. Ever.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.