Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Member intro

i dont know whether to say hello or not

oh very well

welcome aboard, as in board, get it?

i think the black optimus you are talking about is Nucleon Quest Convoy [crazy jap name for optimus] i have one to

Because "optimus" is such a normal word. But at least they were trying to justify 'yet another black repaint' with Nucleon Quest Convoy. What irked me about a lot of black repaints is how they're just black for the sheer sake of being black. Like the other black Optimus Prime (JafCon 9 exclusive). It's the 2000 reissue Convoy... but black. Exact same packaging and tech specs with a sticker on the window to indicate that it's a limited exclusive black repaint, but otherwise nothing to try and justify why the hell it's black. How easy would it be to call it "Matrix Death Convoy"? That would be really cool - and that's how I see my black Optimus Prime (as seen in the OzFormers 2003 diorama).

Welcome! Enjoy!
    MP-05 legal acquisition process:

www.megatron.net.au

My collection and stuff for sale:

www.csapo.com.au/ttf/tiby'stransformers.htm

hotwrc Guest

Like the other black Optimus Prime (JafCon 9 exclusive). It's the 2000 reissue Convoy... but black. Exact same packaging and tech specs with a sticker on the window to indicate that it's a limited exclusive black repaint, but otherwise nothing to try and justify why the hell it's black.

It's one of those Jafcon exclusive models. I was hoping they would number each model, like 99/2000, but alas that is not the case. However, in saying that it is probably more limited than some of the other models that have been made since, ie. when they say "hobby exclusive" just like the black encore ironhide. They are double in price over the regular encore ironhide, however, they don't list how limited. 100, 1000, 10000, no one knows.

But, you do have to admit 2000 worldwide is very limited.

hotwrc Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tiby View Post
    Welcome! Enjoy!
    Hey tiby,

That's one hell of a collection. Good work.

Welcome to Ozformers

Welcome to the board.

Quote Originally Posted by hotwrc View Post

Regarding the stickers, I also got the mail away poster, which I think was $2 & from memory the poster looked like the picture on the back of the G1 boxes. You attach the stickers (I think there was 20 of them) to the poster. I don't know what happened to it, but I know I no longer have it.
    i remember those love to know what happened to mine also probably ended up in the bin like most of my good stuff from back in the day

any hoo welcome mate