Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Looks like we might be back

I'm also noticing some of the grammatical markings like apostrophes and inverted commas are showing up wrong... is anyone else seeing that, or is it just me?

Yeah im seeing that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Question to all - has the email notifications element been restored?
    Working for me now.

I haven't noticed any strange geamatival headings yet. I do get them from some other v bulletin boards tho.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

I'm also noticing some of the grammatical markings like apostrophes and inverted commas are showing up wrong... is anyone else seeing that, or is it just me?
    I was getting it since the boards came back up however, they have now stopped. I guess you tweaked a setting?

Okay... I'll see if I can access that, as I still only have limited access to the hosted files.
    Thanks.
    Nothing is ever easy...
    I now have access to the file directories (both through their web portal and an ftp program), but when they uploaded the board software, they set up the board's folder with permissions that prevent me (the owner) from adding, over-writing or renaming files on my own directory... and I'm the only user listed with access to my account. So even though I was able to copy the config file to my computer and edit it, I can't put it back.... or anything in the board's folders, including customised image files.
    Back to emailing the server host...
    Typical.

I'm liking the new board layout now that I've had a chance to look at it properly and that bug business down the bottom of the page is gone.

It is good. Needs some colour and customisation though.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Nothing is ever easy...
    I now have access to the file directories (both through their web portal and an ftp program), but when they uploaded the board software, they set up the board's folder with permissions that prevent me (the owner) from adding, over-writing or renaming files on my own directory... and I'm the only user listed with access to my account. So even though I was able to copy the config file to my computer and edit it, I can't put it back.... or anything in the board's folders, including customised image files.
    Back to emailing the server host...
    Typical.
    Hey it looks like you got access to the files you needed as the debug info at the bottom is now gone

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    It is good. Needs some colour and customisation though.
    It does need some colour, and since I couldn't get any of our custom images working I did up a quick test colour scheme, which is "test 1" on the drop-down menu on the bottom left of every page. It looks like if you select it once, it stays like that until you select something else, even when you come back later.
    It isn't anything fancy, and won't be permanent (I can't even set it as the default colour scheme), but for those who are getting sore eyes looking at all of the white, check it out, until the more permanent scheme is done.

Can we move the

Log Out
    Settings
    My Profile
    Notifications
    Welcome

icons down from where they are and perhaps run them across the bottom like the New Posts PM's etc? I think they tend to get lost where they are now.