Thread: Need Suggestions For Shopping in Melbourne

Default Need Suggestions For Shopping in Melbourne

Hey guys, I'm flying down today with the wife and we're there for a week.

Can anyone give me some good suggestions of music and alternative stores on the heavy metal sides of things? And collectable stores too. Already know of Lobos and Minotaur.

Primarily looking for places close to Melbourne itself without having to go far outside. We are staying near Southern Cross station.

Also if anyone wants to go to any stores with us or meet up with us, then you're quite welcome to

There used to be a Heavy Metal store on Flinders Street, but I can't seem to locate it now.
    Heartland Records is still around. 61 Peel St. West Melb.
    Collectors corner used to have quite a good metal section. 387 Bourke St. Melb.
    Realm of Koas shows up as being on 154 Peel St. Nth Melb. though I have no knowledge of this one.
    Hope that helps.

Globalgear down there ...it not near the city but if you like weapon and collectible it ok ....
    http://www.globalgear.com.au/pages/contact

Quote Originally Posted by Demonac View Post
    There used to be a Heavy Metal store on Flinders Street, but I can't seem to locate it now.
    Heartland Records is still around. 61 Peel St. West Melb.
    Collectors corner used to have quite a good metal section. 387 Bourke St. Melb.
    Realm of Koas shows up as being on 154 Peel St. Nth Melb. though I have no knowledge of this one.
    Hope that helps.
    I've been told by a friend we visited that the shop on Flinders Street is no longer there, which is disappointing but the others I'll definitely be checking out so thanks for those.

Quote Originally Posted by lancalot View Post
    Globalgear down there ...it not near the city but if you like weapon and collectible it ok ....
    http://www.globalgear.com.au/pages/contact
    I know the place. But I've also been told that the laws here in regards to swords and weapons is pretty crappy. Needing licenses and crap like that. And I'm not sure about goung on a plane with them lol. I think I'd get them posted but I still wanna check the store out too.

There used to be a hobby store on the same street as the Minotaur on the opposite side of the road. i can't remember how far along though. I know it's between the street where the station is and bourke street. It has a small entry and is upstairs.

there is also a store called comics r us on bourke street, up the hill past target I think.

Don't know about Metal stores.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

There's a couple of comic stores in Chapel St, near the Prahran station area, at least there were last time I was there!

Also, check out Dixons Recycled - awesome second hand CD chain! I've found incredibly good stuff there dirt cheap!

Finally, check out the Astor Cinema. They play classics almost every night. Incredible venue.